cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP proxy to File FTP adapter syncronous scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am trying to build an scenario that sends an xml file via FTP.

I need confirmation that the file has been sent in the same moment that send the file. For that reason I need to create a syncronous scenario with an abap proxy from the application server. What is happening is that I am not able to find out how to get the response from the file adapter and send it back in the abap proxy.

Can you tell me if this is possible? (I would like to avoid ccBPMs)

I know how to send the file using an async scenario and afterwars check for the system ack using abap, but the functional requirements make me return a ack at the same moment of the proxy call.

I hope you can help me

Best Regards

Santiago

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We finally decided to use a system Ack and create a job which gets the message number and searchs for the ack. It seems to work fine.

Thanks everybody

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you give more details of your solution?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a requirement the other way round.

Once the nessage is received at the FTP server you can have a script to write a text or move the same file to another folder. The receiver Cc have post processing params.. and you can give the move script call here. You will need another sender CC for the new folder, tho- so that PI can pick the status files from there. This has to be planned properly and why dont you test this to see if it suits your scenario...

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to use a BPM and insert a sync-async bridge to solve the issue.

c you