cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening PopUp window not displaying 1st view in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I developed WDA with Tree UI element. now on click of childnode (UI elemment TreeItemType), i am opening window. below is the code that i put in method.

lo_api_component = wd_comp_controller->wd_get_api( ).

lo_window_manager = lo_api_component->get_window_manager( ).

lo_window = lo_window_manager->create_window(

window_name = 'W_JOBCODE'

title = l_string

• close_in_any_case = abap_true

message_display_mode = if_wd_window=>co_msg_display_mode_selected

• close_button = abap_true

button_kind = if_wd_window=>co_buttons_close

message_type = if_wd_window=>co_msg_type_none

default_button = if_wd_window=>co_button_close

).

l_api = wd_this->wd_get_api( ).

lo_window->set_window_position( position = if_wd_window=>co_center ).

• lo_window->set_window_size( width = '900px' height = '900px' ).

lo_window->open( ).

also i embeded view V_JOBCODE inside window W_JOBCODE.

my requirement is that when this window gets opened, my earlier view should be displayed in background. Now when the window is getting opened, the ealier view is not displayed at all. earlier i developed another WDA where i am displaying window on click of URL to Action UI element and there i am able to see the 1st view in background. I checked all things but not sure why for my current WDA, i am not able to see 1st view in background.

Please let me know if anyone has any clue.

Regards,

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Now when the window is getting opened, the ealier view is not displayed at all.

Are you sure that your dialog window isn't just so large that it covers the entire parent window? Have you tried resizing the dialog window? With this code, you should always get a dialog window over the parent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas and Baskaran,

There is no mistake in my code. What i observed is that I executed standard WDA "WDR_TEST_POPUPS_RT_00" in sandbox system (SAP ECC 6.0, EhP 3) and there it is opening popup window without parent window in background and when executed the same application in upgraded system (SAP ECC 6.0, EhP4) there it is working perfectly fine.

So I belive this proble is due to different system versions. As i am developing my application in sandbox system, i am not getting the expected results. Now it should work properly in upgraded system.

Thanks all for your help. I am closing the thread now.

Thanks,

Chandra

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>What i observed is that I executed standard WDA "WDR_TEST_POPUPS_RT_00" in sandbox system (SAP ECC 6.0, EhP 3) and there it is opening popup window without parent window in background and when executed the same application in upgraded system (SAP ECC 6.0, EhP4) there it is working perfectly fine.

Are you sure it isn't just "greying" out the background? There has never been a release level where the dialog popup completely removes the parent information. It has always placed a mask over the background - turning it slightly darker. However it should still be readable. Changes in the theme over the release levels (and Lightspeed in NetWeaver 7.01) have made changes to the darkness level of this mask. Perhaps the level of darkness of this mask is what you are seeing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I am 100% sure that it is not just greaying out the screen. this is occuring for all custome developed as well as standard WDA.

it is opening completely new window. I am not sure if this is due to different versions or related to different patch level.

Basis people can tell if there is something they changed in sandbox system.

Thanks,

Chandra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps you could try using the IS_TOPLEVEL and IS_MODAL methods for your lo_window instance.

Warren

Former Member
0 Kudos

create_window is by default modal window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please let me know if you have any idea on this.

Thanks,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think your popup window size is overlapping the parent window. probably you could remove the size parameters and try to see if it helps.

Correction : i see now that set_size is commented out.

You said that in your previous application , it did work. Was that also from Tree UI.

The coding seems to me okay, the problem can be in the combination of Tree UI and POPUP window.

Edited by: Baskaran Senthivel on Mar 8, 2011 9:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The previous application is having LinkToAction UI element. but i do not think that it shoud depent based on UI elements. for testing purpose, i took LinkToAction UI element on my current WDA, but there also it do not shows the 1st view in background.

This seems very strange.

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you sure then that the posted code and coding in the sources are same ?. Not by mistake external_window is opened.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the coding is exactly same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Use the below code to open a new window in the same component.

data: str type string,

l_window1 type ref to if_wd_window_manager,

l_cmp_api type ref to if_wd_component,

result1 type ref to if_wd_window.

call method cl_wd_utilities=>construct_wd_url

exporting

application_name = 'Component Name'

importing

out_absolute_url = str.

l_cmp_api = wd_comp_controller->wd_get_api( ).

l_window1 = l_cmp_api->get_window_manager( ).

result1 = l_window1->create_external_window(

url = str ).

result1->open( ).

Regards,

Simi A M

Former Member
0 Kudos

This code would open a new window in new session. This is not what being discussed here if i am not wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to go through your component once again and see you didnt make any mistakes.

You are also sure that this window name is correct and this window is not already embedded in the view assemply and you are not using outbound plug to navigate to this view ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Use the below code to open a new window in the same component.

data: str type string,

l_window1 type ref to if_wd_window_manager,

l_cmp_api type ref to if_wd_component,

result1 type ref to if_wd_window.

call method cl_wd_utilities=>construct_wd_url

exporting

application_name = 'Component Name'

importing

out_absolute_url = str.

l_cmp_api = wd_comp_controller->wd_get_api( ).

l_window1 = l_cmp_api->get_window_manager( ).

result1 = l_window1->create_external_window(

url = str ).

result1->open( ).

Regards,

Simi A M