cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when setting up connection from Universe Designer to Oracle database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am attempting to create a connection to an Oracle 10 database in Universe Designer. I am currently running Business Objects XI 3.1 SP3 on a 32 bit machine. I have the Oracle client installed. In Universe Designer when I attempt to create a new connection using the Oracle 10 client I receive the following error.

CS:DBDriver failed to load : C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\dbd_oci.dll (The specified module could not be found.)

The dbd_oci.dll file does exist in the directory listed above. Has anyone encountered this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Brock

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brock,

Do you have multiple SQL clients installed on your system? If so, uninstall the previous versions. Check if the PATH variable is set to correct bin path and then try testing it again.

Regards,

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I do not have any other SQL clients installed. I also checked the Path in Environment Variables and it is correct. I am still having the same issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved by installing the Oracle XE Client, moving the tnsnames.ora file to the new XE client bin directory and updating the Windows Environment variable path.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi brock,

Are you creating BO universe based on oracle database?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I have successfully connected a Universe to an Oracle database.