cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howto write an ActiveX Element to embed my own 3D-Viewer in the WebUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to integrate my own 3D-Viewer in the PLM WebUI. I also have a PDF called "Interface Description for the generic Viewer interface for EhP 5" which explains howto integrate and use alternative Viewers (from a point of ABAP). But the main problem is that I've to implement a special ActiveX Interface to make my 3D-Viewer be able to talk to the Generic WebDynpro Control Interface (PLM WebUI ). But there is no documentation available, which tells me something about the communication protokoll between the ActiveX and the WebUI.

Is there a demo implementation available, where I can take a look at it? Or can I get more detailed Information on howto implement my own 3D-Viewer in the PLM WebUI?

regards

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There is an ActiveX UI element that works similiar to FlashIslands - however it is not released for customer or partner usage. It requires a special key and whitelist entry, so it simply cannot be used without these things. From the online help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/b9079977eb2d66e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm