SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optical archiving from the student file

l_molenaar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are trying to implement optical archiving of student correspondence. This is working just fine when you create student correspondence from the PIQCORRSTC followed by the PIQCORRSTP.

Now the problem is that when we create and print smartforms from the student file it is not working. I'm not getting any errors or something.

Is this something that is working for anyone of you?

If so are there any special IMG settings you have to do?

Could anyone please help

Thanks a lot,

Lukas Molenaar

2 REPLIES 2

l_molenaar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just a bit more information:

After some trying and testing i've found user parameter-id RF_ARMOD. This should set the "archiving mode", i've set this to 3. (both printed and archived).

Now i see the archiving mode in PIQCORRSTP change to 3 so that is good.

But when i then create correspondence in the student file (just by the new button and selecting a smartform) and press print it only seems to print the smartform. There is no sighn of archiving the smartform.

Even after i've choose to reprint the created correspondence, and set the archiving mode to 3 manualy (it doens't seem to look at the user parameter). When i print the smartform then it only prints the smartforms and not archives is.

To make matters even a bit stranger if you set the archiving mode to 2 it also just prints the smartforms and not archives it.

So i'm a bit confused why this is not working from the student file.

I hope anyone can help!

Thanks a lot,

Lukas

0 Kudos

Hello,

This is because in master record of Student, dispatch control is assigned as "Print Only".

If you change it to print and archive then you can perform both print and archiving of the letters.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

-Thanks,

Ajay