Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business functions to be activated after EHP4 upgrade

former_member556881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have recently upgraded ECC 6.0 to EHP4.The following technical usages were selected during download.

Financial Services,Financial Supply Chain Management and Financials.

Please let me know what all business functions that are to be activasted.

Do I have to activate business functions for EHP2 and EHP3 as well.Below are the BFs for our usage types.

Business Function Technical Usage EHP

/IBS/EAFS_RBD_BUSOPR Financial Services 4

EAFS_BCA_BUSOPR Financial Services 4

EAFS_CML_LOANS_POOLING Financial Services 4

FICAX_BILL_INVOICING Financials 4

FICAX_CI_1 Financials 2

FICAX_CI_2 Financials 4

FIN_FSCM_CCD_INTEGRATION Financial Supply Chain Mgmt 4

FIN_FSCM_INTEGRATION Financial Supply Chain Mgmnt 2

FIN_TRM_CORR_FW Financial Services 4

FIN_TRM_INS_HM Financial Services 4

FIN_TRM_LR_FI_AN Financial Services 3

FIN_TRM_LR_FI_AN_2 Financial Services 4

FIN_TRM_PSM_INTEGRATION Financial Services 4

INS_FSSR_CI_1 Financial Services 3

INS_FSSR_CI_2 Financial Services 4

INS_FSSR_I18N Financial Services 4

Out of the above FICAX_BILL_INVOICING,FICAX_CI_2,FIN_FSCM_CCD_INTEGRATION,FIN_TRM_INS_HM and FIN_TRM_LR_FI_AN_2 have dependencies like X_CONT or BI_CONT which are not installed on the system.

I guess I can't activate these business functions.Am I right?

And I read that only one BF set is activated per one system.I did not find any BF set related to Finance in the drop down list of SFW5 in the system.Please enlighten me on this topic.

Regards,

Dinakar

Edited by: mutnuru dinakar on Mar 8, 2011 1:44 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is the job of the functional team to study the content of the available business functions and to decide which ones need to be activated.

This is NOT a technical decision and it depends from the present and future business needs of YOUR company.

When we did our EHP4 project, the functional team asked for a testbed system where we activated all business functions.

After looking at them and studying them, they were able to tell which business functions were to be activated on the production system.

Regards,

Olivier

former_member556881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your responses.My Functional consultants gave me to 2 BFs to activate.So I did them.

Regards,

Dinakar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need to check what functions you actually need in order to know which one to activate.

Which of those do you NEED?

Markus

former_member556881
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Markus,

Thanks for your reply,as I mentioned the list of BFs are applicable for the 3 technical usages I had selected during EHP4 upgrade.I need to select out of them.

Regards,

Dinakar

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Thanks for your reply,as I mentioned the list of BFs are applicable for the 3 technical usages I had selected during EHP4 upgrade.I need to select out of them.

I understand your question - however, how should anyone else but you know whether you need the functionality behind them? This is a business decision.

I suggest you use the documentation (press on the corresponding "i" in SFW5) to see if the business requires the functionality. If yes, enable it, if not, you don't need to enable it.

Some of those BFs will need a BW/BI to work. You have to decide, whether you need them or not.

Markus

former_member550979
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Dinakar,

you should have a look at http://service.sap.com/bfp. There you will find a possibility to get a suggestion, which business functions could be helpful for you. SAP will request a list of your system (st03n). With the transactions mentioned in that list, SAP will give you an advice in form of a list (including documentations, referred transactions,..).

Best regards

Andreas