cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting multiple ESR to SAP Backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you guys aware of any workaround which allow me to connect more than one ESR (to create proxy) with SAP backend system.

Right now I need to switch RFC destination "SAP_PROXY_ESR" to switch between different ESR, on another hand there is problem also to connect different integration engine with SAP backend (way suggested by SAP is not flexible),

It seems this whole thing designed by SAP to keep in mind that people will use only one PI system in their landscape (although SAP is now talking about federated PI as well).

I am already aware of the approach given in blog: /people/sandro.garofano2/blog/2009/09/02/connect-sap-application-system-to-multiple-sap-pi-integration-server--variant-ndeg1 and article [Consumer and Provider ABAP ProxyService to Multiple SAP NW PI Systems Using Process Integration 7.1|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c00ca32e-f991-2b10-f5be-97114bd2b08f]

Regards,

Gourav

PS: I already did SCN/Google search so please be specific in your response, thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think at any point of time, SAP r/3 system can connect to only one integration engine so the only option left is to manually change the connections to make the connectivity of r/3 to various PI systems......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I know. That's what I am doing at this moment but looking for some trick/tweak to see if it is possible or not using some work-around.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Gourav

Answers (0)