Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII 12.1 Workbench - Empty Column List in Query editor

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In my CE 7.2 I have deployed via JSPM MII 12.1

Everything seems ok on the overall installation side.

I have defined a DataServer (connector IDBC, Type SQL) connected to the local MaxDB instance.

The status is "Running" and everything seems ok.

I want to access tables created as result of DDic DC deploy.

The tables are actually there as I can see from NWA SQL console.

The error happens when I start the Workbench->new SQL Query->Fixed Query Details

The table is there in the list, but when I click on any table the column list stays empty (even for system tables)

I get the following errors in trace

Enter a table name 
[EXCEPTION]
 com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.logging.LHException: Enter a table name 
at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.logging.ErrorHandler.handleError(ErrorHandler.java:47) 
at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.IDBC.ColumnList.getData(ColumnList.java:33) 
at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.IDBC.DBMetaDataProcessor.getListData(DBMetaDataProcessor.java:115) 
at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.IDBC.DBMetaDataProcessor.processRequest(DBMetaDataProcessor.java:25) 
at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.IDBC.DataSource.doProcessRequest(DataSource.java:67) 
at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.AbstractConnector.processRequest(AbstractConnector.java:97) 
at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.server.QueryEngine.run(QueryEngine.java:39) 

and several like

com.sap.security.api.NoSuchRoleException: Role with uniqueName super_admin_role not found!

Can anyone please help?

Thanks, regards

Vincenzo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincenzo,

Just a thought - does the user that you are using to connect in your Data Server configuration have the appropriate permissions within MaxDB?

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

thanks for the suggestion, the user is superdba, do you think it should work properly?

Michael, thanks for your suggestion, I actually expected MII to work on release 711 or later not just 711.

So to sum up: even though CE 72 is generally available and 73 will be so in a while, the official SAP recommendation is that customers who wish to run MII 12.1 or 12.2 should stick to CE 711, did I get it right?

Thanks and regards

Vincenzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincenzo,

I really think this is user related - I connected to my MaxDB instance with the SUPERDBA user and found i could see the tables but not the associated columns. Perhaps you could try another user - the SAP<SAPSID>DB or the DBADMIN user (depending on what database you are connecting to).

I know it is possible to limit users at the column level in MaxDB. Also, if you haven't done so already, I would suggest downloading and installing Database Studio which makes administration a bit easier, and it is easy to search through the documentation, for example, the help topic on "Standard User".

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/maxdb-downloads]

Kind Regards,

Diana

Edited by: Diana Hoppe on Mar 8, 2011 10:31 AM

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vincenzo,

Yes, you have it right. But make sure you get the correct versions paired up. 12.1.8 requires NW CE 7.11 SP5 for example.

And depending on which of the earlier MII versions, you may have problems with some of the listeners if you don't have the right NW service pack installed.

Regards,

Mike

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diana thanks for your support

However in my MaxDB instance I only have 2 users

superdba is the user I configured for the connection in MII

control is the only other user but it unfortunately won't work for connections

There's no other user and I can see from the db management utility that superdba (and control) has every possible authorization.

In addition I think that SAP AS must use superdba or control to perform its own queries

I tried installing DB Studio but there's something wrong with user management perspective which prevents the whole Eclipse from working.

I noticed that superdba user can perform queries from dbmcli.exe but not from sqlcli.exe

Do you know whether there is any other parameter which should be set?

Thanks, regards

Vincenzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincenzo,

Let me get a little more information from you - are you trying to connect to the Netweaver database that MII is installed on?

How are you connecting from MII to Maxdb, are you piggybacking off the Netweaver Data Source (the NW to MII connection in Netweaver) or have you uploaded and deployed the sapdbc.jar jdbc driver?

Kind Regards,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vincenzo,

Also, have you successfully queried another sql database, MSSQL or Oracle?

- Diana

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

thanks again for your support, I have only tried to connect to local MaxDB no Oracle, No MSSql

I am using the IDBC connection to local MaxDB instance, I have deployed the corresponding jdbc archive version.

The connection seems to be ok if the test query is something like "CURDATE()", but if I use a real query involving the table I'm interested in, it cannot be accessed and I get the "Enter table name" error again.

I believe you are right in that no SQL-enabled user exists after installation, only admin users exist

I am now trying to create an SQL-enabled user to perform queries, but it seems a bit awkward from command line.

If you have any suggestion other than looking at manuals (which I am already doing) feel free to suggest

The datasource method did not work, even though it would be the best one IMHO.

I tried to use the SAP/JPA_DEFAULT datasource with a different DataServer, but when loading the Table list in workbench I get: UnsupportedOperationException: unimplemented method isNull, which should be somehow related to jdbc driver

Maybe this second error could be somehow related to the CE 7.2 version Michael was correctly pointing at, since the driver used is the builtin SAP driver.

thanks for any suggestion

Thanks, regards

Vincenzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincenzo,

Without another database to query against (such as MSSQL) it's hard to know if it's the Netweaver version. You should consider going to the supported version of Netweaver. If you still run into MaxDB issues after that, there is a separate forum for MaxDB questions, which I found to be very helpful. I wish I was more of an expert on MaxDB, I only know I found a similar issue with the user.

Best of luck, please post when this is figured out, I'm curious to see how you solved it.

Diana

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vincenzo,

MII 12.1 has not been certified on NW CE 7.2. I would recommend checking on the installation requirements for your version of 12.1. Some versions require specific Service Packs of NW in order to function properly.

Regards,

Mike