Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Migration from Legacy system to ECC systems via ETL through SAP PI

former_member183898
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wanted to know if we can migrate the data from Legacy systems to ECC systems via PI.

What I understand is there is ETL tool is used to extract the data from legacy system, and what client is looking to load that data via PI?

Can we do that ? I am concerned because this will involve mass data?

If I have to use PI , I see option of PROXY / IDOC /FILE as receiver in ECC system (take the data from ETL)?

Can somebody has done this earlier , please share the approach.

Thanks,

Pushkar Patel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pushkar,

You can transfer the data from ETL to PI.

You can take following approach. Tell ETL to provide a flat file (.txt file). Read that file using Content conversion File adapter.

Pass the content to ECC using Proxy. In proxy write code/logic to put the data into ECC.

For Heavy data load Proxy will be good option. Try to keep size of flat file not more than 100MB.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I require few details from you.

1. What ETL tool you are using, If Informatica, it already have PowerConnect to connect to SAP. So you can create source and Target Structure and also you can use RFC's to send data to R/3. Else, for other ETL tools, can you prepare RFC's or any other way to send data to R/3. let me know the tool.

2. Does R/3 contains the master data tables? If yes, then try to use LSMW for Mass upload of data to tables.

If your client don't want to use either of these options please elaborate, what is the case.

Regards

Aashish Sinha