cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan upgrade from SP16 to SP17

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we're in the process of upgrading Solution Manager from SP16 to SP17. i'm using MOPZ in order to do this....

now, i've downloaded the files and uncared them in a different directory (not EPS/in yet). here are my questions:

1. in order to run SPAM...i need to transfer the uncared files to the EPS/in directory. what should i do about the remaining files which were not .sar/.car? should i transfer them too in the directory?

2. i do believe i should not transfer the original .car, .sar files in EPS/in...i do have them, as I mentioned above that i've uncarred them in a separate directory. am i correct or should i transfer them too?

3. what do i do, after i finish the transfer in EPS/in?

Regards,

Tejasav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to transfer uncar files to EPSin directory then go to SPAM -> Support packages->Load Packages-> from front end.

Then click all support packages and display. After that you can find support package of each component as yellow marked. Select any one of them and check the dependencies.

If the dependencies are OK then select Queue button. Then click Import queue as Track sysmbol.

After importing the status will be yellow so you need to go to Support Package button again and click Confirm. Tha Status will become Green.

Like that way you need to do for each component.

Regards,

Sukripa

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

though this guide is old, but you can get the idea

[SPAM Guide|http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCUPGOCSSPAM/BCUPGOCSSPAM.pdf]

Jansi

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please start with https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_SHORTKEY=002007974700000659...

In here you can find the official SAP upgrade guides for the different releases of Solution Manager.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should read some documents about how to upgrade and these are very basic questions. You should do some google.

Thanks

Sunny