cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when create shopping cart with direct procurement material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

i use ECC 6 as backend system and SRM 7 with extended classic scenario.

when i create shopping cart > input the product ID>open details for item--> in item tab, select "order as direct material"

my understanding, when i click "order as direct material" i don't need to input account assignment in shopping cart (same condition in ecc, when i create purhase requisition and the choosed material have been mapping to valuation class, we don't need input the account assignment.)

but in SRM, the system still contain error message "No account assignment exists; enter an account assignment" although i already define the order as direct material.

need your help.

Best Regards,

Melynessa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Melynessa: normally you should not get this error message when flagging "Order as Direct Material" in SRM 7.0.

Please, check in your backend ECC6 if "Value updating" flag has been selected or not for the material type of your SC material ID under the IMG path "Logistic - General --> Material Master --> Basic Settings --> Materual Types --> Define Attributes of Material Types"

If field "Value updating" for material type is not flagged then, when creating a PReq or PO in SAP ECC6, you will get always an error message asking you for an account assignment.

Due to the circumstance above, in SRM, materials ID belonging to non-valuated material types should not be ordered as direct (flag order as direct is available always when you enter a material ID, even when it is non-valuated). If you flag the field "Order as Direct" for a non-valuated material, standard SRM system doesn't issue any error message. So, maybe, there is BAdi in your SRM system checking the "Value updating" for material type and avoiding "Order as Direct Material" flag being selected when it is a non-valuated material

Hope it helps.

regards

Valentí

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Valentin,

Thank you so much for the reply,

But i've already maintain ECC 6, the material type is flagged for value updating for each plant (valuation area).

in SRM 7, i use standart configuration (there is no BAdi active right now). do you have other concern?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

Also I had PPS active in SRM 7.0 EhP0:

SRM_SERVER SAPKIBKV09

SRM_EXT SAPK-70006INSRMEXT

and in my case the error:

No account assignment exists; enter an account assignment

was fixed by note:

1473951 - Follow-on note of note 1339337

You might check also other related notes:

Note 1293572 - Account assignment is cleared in case of direct material (Delivered in SAPKIBKV04)

Note 1362696 - Accounting screen action metadata for Direct Material line (Delivered in SAPKIBKV04)

Note 1369359 - Issues related to Direct Material error messages (Delivered in SAPKIBKU06)

Note 1399676 - Guaranteed Minimum: Display Accounting for Direct material (Delivered in SAPK-70006INSRMEXT)

Regards,

Peter Jancik

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it a single incident or are you getiing the same message whenever you order as Direct?

did you change any data

like first without order as Direct and later shifted to Order as Direct or vice versa.

Can you recreate the same error ? since once you order as direct , the accounting assignment folder will be disappear in the shopping cart.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

thank you for your reply,

i'm doing srm 7 implementation right now, and i always get this error since the first time (for every material that i've try).

when i order as direct, the accounting assignment folder will be disappear in the shopping cart but the error message still request to input the account assignment.

do you have any suggestion about configuration that i have to check?

Best Regards

Melynessa

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You should get this error message while you order as direct.

Can you explore your product id ( material) . what type of material it is ? Is it raw material ? what is the the material type in ECC ( material belongs to which material type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I think you mean : "You should not get this error message while you order as direct" at your statement above.

product ID : 10000064 (replicate result from ECC 6), material type ZSPM (i use DNL_CUST_PROD0 to get the material type from ecc to srm).

do you have any concern?

Thank you and Best Regards

Melynessa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I think you mean : "You should not get this error message while you order as direct" at your statement above.

product ID : 10000064 (replicate result from ECC 6), material type ZSPM (i use DNL_CUST_PROD0 to get the material type from ecc to srm).

do you have any concern?

Thank you and Best Regards

Melynessa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Melynessa: I checked in our system here and, when entering the system ID, we receive the error message for entering the accounting data.

If we flag the "Order as direct" field, tha account assignment tab disappears but the error message is still there. But this is normal and the error message on the screen is not relevant at all. Once we press on the "Check" button, the error mesage disappears too.

This is the standard behaviour. If, after pressing "Check" button you still get an error message asking to enter the account assignment, I advice to open an OSS note.

Regards

Valentí

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Valentin,

last night, the system still request account assignment when i flag "order as direct" field and press the "check" button.

but guess what, after our system down last night, and up this morning, i can create SC with direct material without any error.

so my problem solved for now.

Thank you so much for your reply

Best Regards,

Melynessa