Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intra company stock transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am having one scenario as below....

Plant A produce material 1, which can be sold directly to the customers as FG directly from plant A.

But the same material (i.e. Material 1) is also used as Raw Material to produce Material 2, which is being produced in Plant B.

Both plant A and plant B are under same company code....

now, i need to transfer material 1 from Plant A to Plant B. but for plant A it is FG and for plant B it is raw material.

can this be mapped by intra company STO or by any other scenario???

Early reply will be appreciatedu2026

Thank,

Ritesh T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whether your query is resolved ? If there are further questions,post it here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jeyakanthan,

Thanks for your mail.

The configuration i have mentioned above which i have done. I have defined material as FERT only, but in J1ID i have mentioned the same as for RGI for supplying plant and as rawmaterial for receiving plant. so, first thing i wanted to know that whether this is ok or not or i have to define material as HALB.

Below are the accounting entries of the entire process..

While producing the material in plant A

89 26102060 ClgSt-FG-kraft paper 3222 Plant A 125,000,000.00 5000 kg Debit

91 50112060 FG(StkCh)Kraft Paper 3222 Plant A 125,000,000.00- 5000- kg Credit

While doing the PGI from plant A

89 26154051 RM Packing Material 3111 Plant B 500,000.00 20 kg debit

99 26102060 ClgSt-FG-kraft paper 3222 Plant A 500,000.00- 20- kg credit

While doing billing wrt delivery

40 54000002 Excise duty paid -32 3222 Plant B 51,637.50

50 13113982 Cess Duty Ex Payb-32 3222 Plant B 625.00-

50 13113912 Basic Exc ED Payl 32 3222 Plant B 50,000.00-

50 13113972 Edu Cess Ex Pay -32 3222 Plant B 1,012.50-

An on consuming the material in production in plant B

81 50154051 RM:Pack.Mat. Consume 3111 Plant B 250,000.00 10 kg Debit

99 26154051 RM Packing Material 3111 Plant B 250,000.00- 10- kg Credit

And when I am creating MIGO, no FI document is getting generated.

Now, the doubts which I haveu2026

1. In the first accounting entry while doing the production FG(StkCh)Kraft Paper account is getting credited. But it is not getting debited. What my client need is to debit the same.

2. Why there is no FI entry is getting generated while doing MIGO?

3. I need excise entries as belowu2026

Debit Cenvat account of Plant B basic excise

Debit Cenvat account of Plant B ed cess

Debit Cenvat account of Plant B paper cess

Credit ed collected Plant A

credit edcess collected Plant A

credit paper cess collected Plant A

Kindly guide on the sameu2026.

Thanks,

Ritesh

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Dear All,

>

> I am having one scenario as below....

>

> Plant A produce material 1, which can be sold directly to the customers as FG directly from plant A.

> But the same material (i.e. Material 1) is also used as Raw Material to produce Material 2, which is being produced in Plant B.

>

> Both plant A and plant B are under same company code....

>

> now, i need to transfer material 1 from Plant A to Plant B. but for plant A it is FG and for plant B it is raw material.

>

> can this be mapped by intra company STO or by any other scenario???

>

> Early reply will be appreciatedu2026

>

>

> Thank,

> Ritesh T

Adding to replies,

Clarify it is stock transfer or inter plant sales ?

If it is inter plant sales,

Plant B will be treated as customer for Plant A,Plant A will be treated as vendor for plant B.

For plant A,

Material type can be HALB treated as finished goods(Valuation class - Finished goods in accounting view of material master)

For Plant B,

Material type can be HALB treated as raw materials(Valuation class - raw materials in accounting view of material master)

It will be normal sales process from Plant-A based on p.o from Plant B.

You can have different order types,pricing procedures for normal sales,inter plant sales.

Sales order -->Delivery -->PGI -->Invoice --->Excise invoice.

Plant B will receive material using MIGO based on p.o,invoice vendor.

Both plants(Customer,vendor) will invoice for same value.

Link vendor code in customer master,customer code in vendor master.

Balances can be cleared using F-53 or F-58 or F-28.

For other customer sales from plant A,It will be normal sales cycle.

Hope it will be helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kapil,

I have already gone through this links before.

So, it will be more helpful if you can discuss the configuration steps, which you have done...

Thanks,

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

The designation of a material as raw, semi-finished, finished etc is usually based on acompany's accounting policy.

If a material is predomiately used as a finished good - but sometimes used for further processing internally - it would be normally be considered as a finished good - even though it serves as a raw material in some cases.

For example, a chenical company that makes plastic pellets as tits maing line of business - but also use these to make formed/rigid products on a limited basis. The plastic pellets would be finished goods - because most of the processing (value wise) has been done - and the company wishes to show the value a 'Finished goods' on the balance sheet.

If you need to use STO functionality for the finished goods material type (i.e. FERT in theSAP delivered config), you may need to open up the purchasing views for teh material. (SAP may have changed the deluvery at some point so that the purchasing views are already open.)

Best regards,

J Albert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Albert

Thanks for the reply.

i have done below configuration / steps so far...

creaated STO as plant A as suppling plant and plant B as receiving for material 1, have entered the price. kindly note that moving price was zero.

Created Outbound delivery -> billing -> excise invoice

Created MIGO w.r.t. outbound delivery...

here befor doing the MIGO i have maintained material 1 as rawmaterial in J1ID for plant B, and for plant A it was already maintained as RG1

so, now when i have created MIGO, it has picked up material type as Rawmaterial...

thn i have done 'post and capture' for MIGO

Now, the problem i am facing is that when i have created outbound delivery w.r.t STO no accounting document was generated and similarly when i have posted the MIGO again no accounting document is generated....... what could be the reason for this..??

but the problem is while posting outbound delivery wrt STO, no accounting document is getting generated ... wht could be the resson??

Thanks,

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritesh,

In an intra-company stock transport, you will not get an accounting document unless one of the following is true.

1. The receiving plant has the material at 'S'tandard price and the price is different from the price in the sending plant. (By price, i mean the inventory vale per unit)

OR

2. The inventory account assigned in the sending and receiving plants is different (due to valuation class and/or valuation grouping code being different between the plants

OR

3. You have specified a delivery cost accrual on the STO purchase order

If none of these are true, there is nothing to account for - just as if you are moving the stick within a single plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Albert ,

Thanks for the information.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the material type is treated as HALB instead of FERT, then it is possible.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the reply.

I will provide some more information on this.

The material is kraft paper....

Plant A will sell the same as FG to other customers.

And for Plant B it will be a packing material.

so, can we use material type as HALB?

Thanks,

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

yes you can sell the raw material by extending the sales views in the material master.

also use the relevant valuation class by consulting your fi consultant.

by extending the raw material's sales views you can sell thru sd sales and send it to other plant as well through stock transfer.

Revert if helpful

Mohit Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Mohit,

Thanks for your reply.

I know we can sell raw material, but the question here is the material code is same for both the plants as there is only one company code. and for one plant it is FG and for other it is Raw material.

And also the client does not want any billing to happen...

Thanks,

Ritesh