cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound delivery creation - one sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an issue on locking of delivery processing of sales orders with two plants. Is it possible for the two plants to create/change the outbound delivery at the same time? If yes, how?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you elaborate scenario,

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

Example: Sales Order : Item # 1 deliver from plant 1000, Item # 2, deliver from plant 2000

During Delivery Creation, Plant 1 creates outbound delivery for Item 1. Plant 2 creates outbound for Item 2.

But Plant 1 cannot process the outbound delivery if Plant 2 is doing the picking.

How can we do? (have plant 1 and plant 2 pick at the same time.. since it is different material and different plant anyway?)

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diff. material and diff. plants - but the ref. sales order is the same - i.e. part of same transaction.

This happens if any of the sales/delivery/invoice is in change mode - you can not open the other document in change mode of the same transaction (order to billing)

I guess it is a standard system behaviour. I think simultaneous changes / picking / etc. can not be done.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is because plant 2 is processing delivery -2 with reference to sales order.

So when you want to process deliver -1 then same already created with reference to sales order. it means both delivery cant be accessed one time because reference is sales order, so it lock

If you want to pick both at same time,

Then assign one shipping point to both plants, so when you create delivery both item will copy in delivery,then pick both at same time.

kapil