cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI archiving and deleting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

can anybody tell me (and describe how) if it is possible to delete all successful executed XI messages from the database (so that there are not longer visible in the SXMB_MONI) and to archive all messages with errors and delete them afterwards? I'm not sure if the standard XI functionality covers that and if so how I must configure it.

I'm interested in solution for XI.20 as well as for XI.30.

Thanks in advanced

Björn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Björn,

their are 2 nice How-To Documentation's help me doing the same thing.

One is:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c...

and the other one you find in Michals weblog (/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions):

under documents / point 7. Where can I find XI "Admin Check"?

Their you will get a SAP document full of nice hints.

Hope this helps - otherwise keep on asking!

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bjorn--

There are a couple of periodic jobs that should always be scheduled during the initial XI configuration. The behavior of those jobs defines how messages are removed from the system. You have control over the age of messages that are archived/deleted, but the jobs define which are archived and which are deleted.

The following procedure is for XI 2.0 SP 5. It may or may not be similar in other versions.

1. Transaction SXMB_ADMIN

2. Choose "Define Interfaces for Archiving and Retention Periods".

3. Click "Retention Periods". Read the help from this page as you determine appropriate settings. I generally pick 5 days all the way around, so that you always have time to respond to something that happened over a 4-day holiday weekend (the longest non-business period in the U.S. is 4 days, over American Thanksgiving, and sometimes Christmas).

4. Transaction SXMB_ADMIN

5. Choose "Schedule Archiving Jobs"

The archiving object is "BC_XMB". You have to activate the archiving object for this to work; by default, it was inactive in XI 2.0 (see your BASIS admin). Then set up and schedule the jobs for each of the actions on this screen.

6. Transaction SXMB_ADMIN

7. Choose "Schedule Delete Jobs"

8. Schedule the two jobs using the provided screen.

Recommended frequency of the jobs depends on how you use the system. IMHO, the higher the volume, the more frequently they should run. We're running them daily under low volumes.

There is some documentation from SAP on what all these steps do, although it is probably scattered in different places. Be sure you've downloaded all the PDF documents for XI.

About the behavior...

Asynchronous errors will not be deleted or archived until they are manually reprocessed successfully, or cancelled. You should have a process in place to do this task on a periodic basis to prevent filling up the runtime tables with these transactions.

Synchronous messages (successes and errors) cannot be archived; they will all be deleted after the configured number of days.

(Standard disclaimer -- this configuration works for us, but you may be using different options than we are, so you may observe different behavior.)

--Dan King

Capgemini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I want to improve the performance of my system and i am interested in finding a way of archive/delete the messages as well.

Your message sounds very interesting but i am on XI 3.0 and would like to know if all these indications could be applied to my systems. Also one question: do you know if this release (3.0) brings better solutions for this?

Thanks in advance & Kind regards