Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User logon - mapping possibilities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In our landscape we have a requirement for external users e.g Supplier who will be logging onto to Supplier SAP Portal using theri email id ( exisitng userid ). They will be validated aganist a AD and from their on they would like to have a Single Sign on for all other SAP systems ( ECC , BI , etc)

But as we know SAP backend has a limitataion of number of charachetrs = 12 for a SAP logon id we will of course not be able to use the email id.

is there anyway we can map the email id to a Employee id contractor or supplierid ( 8 digit number) in the SAP backend

1. user logs onto portal using email address ( authenticat6ion happend using AD)

2. SAP logon ticket is created but email id is ampped to a 8 digit SAP userid which alreday exists in the bakcen SAP system.

Please let me know your inputs.

Thanks,

Shailesh

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Email addresses are linked to an unique person number for every user in table ADR6. The field 'person number' (PERSNUMBER) is 10 characters long which might want to consider for creation of user IDs but in that case maintaining Alias for user Ids would be a good idea as per my understanding for easy identification.

I haven't come across such a requirement before and would be eager to know why email address are to be used for authentication in AD. Can't we use the network Id (User account name in AD) of the users for authentication?

Thanks

Sandipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try giving email id in the alias tab in the SAP Backend and also in the portal user administration alias tab of this user.And try logging in.

Thanks!

Regards,

Pavithra.B