Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Generation & Remote Key Updation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a scenario of integrating MDM with SAP and 3 Non SAP systems

All the systems have the same number range for the account types

Whenever there is a request , a copy should always go to SAP plus the requested system

Doubt:

The request comes to the import server and the requirement is to automate it

Now the question is how to generate the number in main table and it should update the key mapping of 2 remote systems automatically

Kindly help

Regards,

Antony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Many thanks for putting efforts and provding the solution in detailed manner. I have thoroughly understood what you mentions in your reply.

I think there is small understdding GAP, Just I would like to calrify;

Upon syndication system will update the remote key with material number --- Okay

How to update material number field in Main Table MATNR (by using the information updated in remote key) ....... ??

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

You can not overwrite the new number generated MDM, so in order to use this number you need to create new filed in material master might be something like reference number and save this number here. Old number would be used in taking out the reports and would be till used in business transactions, also there would be some open transations against that number so this things are also to be considered.

Once the number is generated throguh Key mapping you can map this field with new reference number filed created in SAP and store the value here.

If any query please let me know.

thanks and Regards

Praful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

As you have 4 remote systems, one SAP and 3 non-sap systems, you need to create 4 remote systems in MDM Console ( as shown in page 3/10, 1.2 Create/modify the remote system u201CSAP R/3u201D and specify type as u201Cinbound/Outboundu201D and key generation as u201CQualified Rangeu201D in below article).

While syndicating you have to select remote system one by one as it is shown here for SAP R/3 (on page 5/10, 2.5 Specify the type as u201CFlatu201D and remote system same as created in step 1.2 : u201CSAP R/3u201D ), you need to do it for all the 4 remote systems one by one. you need to be carefully map remote key for all of these remote systems as shown in section, 4.2 The u201CSAP Material Numberu201D field, which is to be generated during syndication, is to be mapped to the remote key field u201CValueu201D.

For complete understanding, Please refer the below Article.

[Using qualified ranges to generate SAP numbers|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/807ce1ba-94c0-2a10-a398-afdfd8135ebd?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.