Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity bar not displaying on Project planning board

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am getting one problem related to project planning board. I am working on a system in which when i am trying to run project planning board, its coming but in that gant chart i am not able to see bar for activity. Bar for project definition and wbs coming properly. In tabular form also i can see the activities. But the only problem i am not able to see bar for activity with relationships. I have check almost all configuration related to project planning board profile and also scheduling proflies.

Kindly suggest what can be the reason for the same.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let us know-

a) what are the status of the activities in question?

b) what is the value in the field "Duration" under Date tab for these activities?

Thanks and Regards

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi BP,

Thanks a lot for replying. The activities in project are released and all are having working hours and duration via work centers. Kindly suggest what can be the reason behing they are not displaying in bar chart at planning board.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the activity control key you used in OPSU transaction. Make sure the scheduling check box is checked.

Regards,

Punith.

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Punith,

Thanks for reply, i already checed opsu checking for activty control key and there scehdullling is ticked. Kindly suggest.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check Planning Board Profile from OPSA then check Planning Board Profile in OPT7 Under Show / Hide Show Activity Check Box.

Tnx.

Abdul

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Thanks for reply. I have check all these options but all things are in place. OPT7 setting also right there. Kindly suggest what other setting can affect. In the planning board i can see the activity at left hand side corner with details but in gantt chart where we see bar chart for schdulines there activties are not coming.

Kindly suggest.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pls also check time scale assistant in planning board and also options what are the dates selected to display.

also make sure duration for each activity has been maintained.

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

i checked all the durations are maintained also time scale and other setting related to project planning board are standard.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you reinstall SAP GUI and try

Also refer sap note : 500933

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

I think its not bcz of GUI because on other client servers i can see the activities but for one specific client only this problem is coming. I will see the note.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Other than normal duration,is the duration field in the Date tab populated with a non-zero value?

I replicated the scenario and found that one of the reasons is 0 value in the duration field in the Date tab.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If the duration is maintained then I would suggest rescheduling the Project,saving the results and again viewing the PPB.

Thanks and Regards