cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch characteristics printing on invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

I create Sales Order of Consignment Issue (KE), and create the Delivery Note, and PGI. When I create the invoice the batch characteristics print on invoice SAP. For a one line Sales Order and DN, it creates a 3 page invoice. What do I need to do in config to turn this off?

Thanks,

Russ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohan for the reply,

We are doing the Batch Determination in the Delivery Note. Does that change your response, if so, where in SPRO do I go to keep it from printing on the Invocie?

Thanks,

Russ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I wasnt keeping well so could not reply earlier. Hope you have resolved the issue. Just in case you have not resolved it yet, then following are the configurations you need to do to make sure that the batches are not copied into invoice:

In copy controls from delivery to Invoice, you need to delete the Batch Item category. The reason the batch split is happening in invoice is due to this item category. So once you delete this you should not have any problems.

Please feel free to let me know if you have not yet solved it and post to my personal email. I maybe able to send you a screen shots document of the configuration i have done.

Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

I don't understand what you mean, when you say item category for Batch Determination? The only item category that I am aware of is on the Sales Order.

When I create a standard order, the invoice prints out fine. But when I do a Consignment Issue, I seem to get the Batch Characteristics on the Invocie. I have taken the copy control from Delievry Note to Billing Documents and mirrored the one for Consignment to the one for Standard Order. They both use the same Delivery Type(LF) and same Billing Type(F2).

I have compared the item category the Standard Order to the item Category to the Consignment Issue and they mirror each other.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can lend me in the right direction.

Russ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

From my experience, for Batches to be determined either in a sales order or in a delivery document, Batch Determination configuration needs to be done by defining a new item category for Batches. In your case, I guess you are doing the batch determination in Sales order. (from my understanding of your post. Correct me if I am wrong).

Due to the copy control maintenance, the Item category for batches must have flown into the delivery and subsequently into your Invoice. So if you donot want the batches to be copied from Delivery to Invoice, then delete the Item category for Batches in your copy controls from Delivery to Invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

I guess the reason for this is the copy control you maintained from Delivery to Billing.

What is the Item category you are using for Batch Determination. For ex. if you are using the item category YB99 for Batch Determination, this item category should be deleted from copy controls from Delivery to Billing. This way the Batches are determined in the delivery document but donot copy to Billing document which is what you were asking for. This will resolve your problem.

I faced the same issue in my current project and I resolved it by this method. Let me know if you are still facing issues with this.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you need to debug the print program to stop this. You can discuss with the ABAP programer to resolve the issue.

Regards,