cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL4SAP.VBS login issues on SQL 2008 R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am attempting a system copy of my current dev system to a new hardware, doing installation of SQL Server using SQL4SAP.vbs, seems like a bug with the script and i am opening a message in parallel, posting it here in case someone knows this.

1. i am using SQL4SAP.VBS to do a SQL Server 2008 r2 installation on a windows 2008 r2 Server. choosing all default settings, the installation completes successfully.

2. when i try login into SQL Server i dont know which id to log in with, i need to login to be able to restore a SQL database backup so that i can do the remaining System Copy steps.

3. I know that in SQL 2008 BUILTIN\Administrators do not have default access, during manual installation i have option to enter the users i want to provide admin access to the SQL Server installation, during the SQL4SAP.VBS it does not ask me anywhere.

i know someone may say that i can use _SqlAuth.vbs to do the installation with dual authentication but it gives a random password to sa and i dont know it.

i have 100 workarounds to add users manually etc but in that case i would like to do the installation manually to do it cleanly.

i am sure that SAP is not stupid to provide something so silly without testing. this is something someone would get right at the time of installation so most likely i am missing something very basic.

any help would be appreciated.

warm regards

Yogi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution is to Launch SQL Server studio as Administrator and add your id as sysadmin, then you should be able to work normally, as i suspected it was something simple.... what a waste of time.

Yogi