Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP and RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario is SOAP-PI-RFC,

The webservice is being triggered from PORTAL-BPM and the values are updated to ECC through a RFC,

Could anyone explain me in detail for the following below queries,

1.I have created RFC connection as ABAP type for ,

a)PI-ECC(RFC)

b)ECC(RFC)-PI

is that fine ?

2.Other than JCo connections is anyother connections are needed for Portal-PI connectivity.

3.Should I need to install ESR content in to PI(7.1) server

Regards,

Lavanya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this requirement very simple SOAP to RFC.

search in sdn you will find end to end scernario.

You no need to provide any JCO connection if your source system supporting to send data in the form of SOAP request, you have to provide WSDL and Service URL to them then they will imPLEMENT THE SERVICE.

no need to import any content

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please tell me what is that you meant by service url?

I have configured the scenario and generated the WSDL file by giving the URL as propose URL .

Other than this, should I need to register this in WS navigator? for the portal flow ?

Kindly help me out in this.

Regards,

Lavanya

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Could you please tell me what is that you meant by service url?

Web service URL. WSDL should contain this information in the tag soap:address location. Dont need to give.

>>Other than this, should I need to register this in WS navigator? for the portal flow ?

Dont need.

Hope answered your question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Thanks for the reply . Under what circumstances should we need to register in WS navigator.

Regards,

Lavanya.B

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> Under what circumstances should we need to register in WS navigator.

WS navigator will be helpful to know deployed web services in the server and also for testing purpose.

Details here....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/46/7a875063e42d86e10000000a11466f/content.htm

Hope I answered all your question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

My last query,My ealier scenario was SOAP to RFC but now they want the flow to be,

If the webservice is being triggered from portal side it should parallely send the data to RFC and MDM,for this could you please explain me the steps that needs to be carried out?

Thanks a lot for all your replies.

Regards,

Lavanya.B

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to create multimapping to send data to RFC and MDM. Basically you will do two receivers to achieve this. One is RFC and other one (Whatever MDM supports as target receiver). There are tons of document in SDN for multimapping. We can achieve without BPM and with BPM.

Why do you give all requirements in one thread....?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

refer below blog,

if you are working on PI 7.1 then publish your Sender agrement in Service Registry , and WSDL will be genarated , share WSDL URL .

/people/rajasekhar.reddy14/blog/2011/03/03/testing-sender-web-service-interfaces-soap-in-pi-71

Service URL:

service URL look like below format,

http://pihost:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:sender bussinesscomponent:sender communicationchannel name.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the reply.My scenario is that webservice is being triggered from Portal and I have generated the URL as propsed and given to the portal team.

Is that mandatory that I have to Publish in service registry and the URL to be in this format "http://pihost:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:sender bussinesscomponent:sender communicationchannel name.".?

Regards,

lavanya.B

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to provide 2 url's to poratal team

1)WSDL Structure: If you piblish your sender agrement, in service registry you will see WSDL URL,refer my blog, provide that URL to them.

2)You have to provide Service url,the format i have alrerady share.so enter your system details then share URL.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Could you please explain me in detail as now I have given the wsdl to portal team by generating the wsdl file using "display WSDL" and given URL as proposed .

Should I need to generate a new wsdl or kindly help me out in this.

Regards,

Lavanya.B

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thats fine..

You can provide WSDL in other wal also,refer blog link, i have shared already.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Should I need to generate a new wsdl or kindly help me out in this

NOT required.

I believe you went to sender agreement and created WSDL using display WSDL. That is more than enough. IF you search for soap:address location you will find your PI Server URL details. Dont need to give Service URL in this case.

You already done your job.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Should I need to generate a new wsdl or kindly help me out in this

NOT required.

I believe you went to sender agreement and created WSDL using display WSDL. That is more than enough. IF you search for soap:address location you will find your PI Server URL details. Dont need to give Service URL in this case.

You already done your job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar

Is that mandatory that I have to Publish in service registry or what ever the steps that I have carried out is fine.

Regards,

Lavanya

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Is that mandatory that I have to Publish in service registry or what ever the steps that I have carried out is fine.

It is not mandatory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When the WSDL is being called by portal team,they are getting error as

"An error while downloading WSIL file. Error message: Deserializing xml stream http://xxxx:0000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry failed.com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.wsdl.exceptions.WSDLException: Invalid Response Code: (500) Empty HTTP request received. The requested URL was:"Connect to http://xxx:50000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry, used user to connect: xxx"

Regards,

Lavanya

Edited by: Lavanya Balanandham on Mar 11, 2011 5:08 AM

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The request data what they are sending from Portal not matching with your request data created in PI.

To solve this take Request XML from Portal team and test your interface using WS Navigator and see the results.If it is not working then check Request data having any additional fields.

Also check in MONI , have you receiver request in to PI or not.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I have published the WSDL in service registry .

When I clicked on the Sender agreement ,I am to find an option "Display WSDL",

1.Is that the WSDL file that I need to provide to th BPM-Portal team ?

2.Should I need to provide them the "service URL" in the format "http://pihost:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:sender bussinesscomponent:sender communicationchannel name" or the url which is found in the display wsdl option icon?

Kindly guide me in this.

Thanks in Advance,

Lavanya.B

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>1.Is that the WSDL file that I need to provide to th BPM-Portal team ?

Yes.

>>provide them the "service URL" in the format "http://pihost:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:sender bussinesscomponent:sender communicationchannel name" or the url which is found in the display wsdl option icon?

Not required. If you do the above 1) task. That WSDL already contains URL location in soap:address:Location tag.

This was already answered in my previous reply to the same thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

The BPM-Portal team have triggered the webservice but it has not come to PI ,should we do any proxy setting (SProxy) from PI side?

As ,I am testing the interface through Runtime Workbench(Integration engine) its giving error as

"ABAP">INTERFACE_REGISTRATION_ERROR ..No implementing class registered for the interface (ABAP interface, request message SI_XXX, request message, namespace SI_XXXX)

but Iam sending data only to ECC(RFC) and MDM on same time

Regards,

Lavanya

Edited by: Lavanya Balanandham on Mar 14, 2011 2:39 AM

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi lavanya,

I found a note for you. have a look.

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1455588

Note : 1455588

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not answered