cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Various questions - DP book - PLEASE ANSWER ASAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Geraldine from Dubai - Hope everyone is fine.

I am very new to SAP and had a trainging for 2 days on basic functions of Sales forecast planning book (DP) and Replenishment Book (SNP).

I have need some help on following:-

1) How can I get to see year 2011 on DP book? Example I only want to see Mar until Dec 2011 datas for Sales Forecast Revenue, and Base Forecast. I checked 'Time Bucket Profile' and could not find the profile that fits to what I need.

2) I can copy/paste the data to excel but pasting them back to the planning book after updating numbers does not happen. We were told and shown that this is possible. What could I be doing wrong?

3. Is there a way to add a calculation - e.g. total of base forecast & Revenue from March 2011 to Dec 2011? I would like to see this as an additional column on the planning book.

I still have a lot to understand but above are the important things I need to know to be able to reconcile our plan against the current data on DP book.

Would highly appreciate step by step responses/instructions.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Geraldine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geraldine,

This is mostly configuration of the planning books/data views which you may not have access to.

1 You need to create a data view with a Planning Start date if you don't want the periods to roll around and also make sure you enter the "visble" from and "input" from dates which should give you the periods you require.

2 If you can't past into a key figure (KF) row then it is probably set as output only. To change this you must open the planning book and then select design (again, if option available to you). Once in there you'll need to right click on the KF and hen change to input/output to allow direct data entry. Save on exit.

3 A basic macro will do the trick. Hopefully you have spare KF in the planning book that you can sum it into.

Good luck... you have a lot to learn!

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the below points.

1> Periods in planning book is controlled through time bucket profile.Create a time bucket profile with one year of duration (Select period as per your requirement) .Then after opening the planning book change the period structure settings with start date as 01.01.2011 and the same TB profile you have created.

2>You can copy and paste the values from excel to planning book.Make sure the key figure against which you want to change the value and also make sure the data is properly copied from excel file.After going to planning book open the slection and then try entering the data.

3>Yes it is very much possible to add calcultion in planning book for the same you need to create Macros in planning book.For the same you can create a new keyfigure and assign the macro to the same.

Hope these will help.

regards,

kaushik