Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of transactions which a user executed on a day

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do we know which transactions are executed by a particular user on a day.....

Is there any transaction ?

Pl help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a custiomized program to see which transactions the users run each day. The program is run weekly. Also you can use the VRAT tool for recording critical transactions and their usage.

Cheers,

Kedar

23 REPLIES 23

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the RBE tool which is something free offered by SAP. If you are interested let me know and I can send you some information.

Also you use STAT but I believe it only holds a couple of days information. You can also use SM20 but I believe you need to use SM19 to turn it on so it will begin tracking the tcodes used.

Let me know if you need more information on any of the above.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos

YEAH PLZ SEND ME THE INFO ON RBE I AM NOT AWARE OF RBE SO DETAIL INFORMATION WILL BE APPRECIATED

THANKS IN ADVANCE

0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

Can you send me the document on RBE Tool to

<b><removed by moderator></b>?

Thanks

Sudhan Shan

0 Kudos

Hello,

Can I get some help.

We want to use RBE tool later on. Is there any documentation that can tell on setup in transaction ST03. We want to activate monitors for our R/3 system and would like to retain around 2 months worth of data for analysis.

Thanks,

Krishna

0 Kudos

Hi,

The information required for configuring the workload monitor is available on help.sap.com at the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/2d/b8be3befaefc75e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

VIjayalakshmi

0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

is it true that RBE only valid up to 4.6c ? what about ECC 5.0/6.0 ?

do you have any documentation how to install and configure this tool, specifically for security audit purpose ?

appreciate if you could reply to my email <b><removed by moderator></b>

Cheers,

Budi Suwardoyo

0 Kudos

Mary

Can you please provide more info on RBE tool

Thanks

SV

0 Kudos

Hi Mary

Please advsie how i can downlaod the rbe cd or at leasd the code of the program to extract info on tcodes execute dby user for a specific month

0 Kudos

If you type RBE into the forum search there are a number of posts which tell you where you can get it

0 Kudos

Hi mary...please send me the information about RBE on <b><removed by moderator></b>...thanks in advance

0 Kudos

RBE is a part of the VSAP method and ONLY available for customers that have attendet the VSAP cours.

The info is freely available in STAT en can be retreived via f.e. ST30N.

It is advisible to import the data in MSACCESS to be able to interpret it correctly, the file might be to big for EXCELL.

RBE means Reverse Business Engineer and is a tool to evaluate the use of SAP by the users. So you are able to see if users use all TRX assigned but also if the mandatory reports are run regularly. So it is very usefull for audit reasons!

0 Kudos

Hi Budi Suwardoyo

Did you receive that documentation on RBE tool, we supporting a client of US using 4.6C. I need that documentation on an urgent basis. I will really greatly appreciate if you can send me that to

<b><removed by moderator></b>

thanks

Mahesh

Bangalore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a custiomized program to see which transactions the users run each day. The program is run weekly. Also you can use the VRAT tool for recording critical transactions and their usage.

Cheers,

Kedar

0 Kudos

Hi

It woudl be appreciate if you could send us the code of your customized program .

As i don't have vrat on our system.

Email: <b><removed by moderator></b>

0 Kudos

Hello,

ST03N could also tell you. RBE is based on this information.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP changed the Transaction ID STAT to STAD from ECC5.0.

and you can use SM20 by configuring your required trace options in SM19 setting the filters.

You can extend number of filters if you needed.

on the background actualy your trace log will be stored at the location specified in the Profile parameters rsau/local/file.

If you want to extend your log size you have to manipulate with Profile parameter rsau/max_diskspace/local.

0 Kudos

I wouldn't recommend logging every transaction executed in SM19.

I do not know how many users you have got, but the log may get pretty big pretty quick. And why log it? Your users should have role based access, so no need to check if they are executing transactions that they are allowed to

If you want to check back in history, then you should check ST03N as stated earlier.

0 Kudos

I am not completely sure and currently have no way to test it completely myself, but:

If a user calls a transaction he is not authorized for, this transaction is still logged in the performance data (STAT / ST03 / ST03N).

I could test this for transaction STAT (i.e. report RSSTAT21) on a 4.6c system.

This is of course also true for SM20, but in SM20 you clearly see that the user actually failed to call that transaction.

This doesn't mean that you can't use the STAT data, but it gives a certain twist to the interpretation of that data

Regards,

Ralf

0 Kudos

The information is all there. Depending on how much detail you need, you can "untwist" SAP.

SAP aggregates the information and depending on how (the statement used) or the mode you are in, will make the entry visible or call it something else. E.g. a transaction = a program, even although a call = a form.

You can untwist these transactions and the information they deliver by learning to use them. If you must, you can untwist how their backend table (MONI) is read and write to.

0 Kudos

Hi all,

The best way for me is to use transaction STAD with the following parameter :

Display mode : Show business transaction summ.

Start date : the day..

Start time : let's put 08:00 AM

Read time : 12:00:00 ( or more if work after 8 PM)

User : the username

and then validate by entry.

May this help you.

Regards,

AL MAHDI.

PS : if the answer helps you, please some points!

Former Member
0 Kudos

SM19 / SM20 will also log failed attempts to execute a transaction.

ST03N will not - as far as I remember when I tested it years ago.

Log files for SM20 can be deleted with SM18. Logs are

manageable - have logged for over 2 years. Can be more

useful than data from ST03N since you have longer timeframe and failed attempts are also identified.

RBE is no longer supported by SAP - last I heard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guysd

I have looked in st03n Under expert Mode. I cannot see anything relating to transactions used per user for a specific period. Can someone pls point me in the correct direction

Thanks

0 Kudos

Third posting in this thread should answer your question.