cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to post stock from QI to UR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently unable to move stock for a material from quality inspection to unrestricted. The scenario is as follows:

1. User created a goods receipt through MIGO for material 1. At that time, quality inspection was not active at all for the material. "Post to inspection stock" was selected on the goods receipt and the material was received into QI.

2. QM was then activated for types 01, 08, and 89.

3. Other receipts have been created, inspected, and usage decisions have been recorded and are functioning correctly. However, the first receipt for the product remains in QI.

There is no inspection lot for the quantity. We are unable to do the following - all generate the same error that stock postings must be processed through QM:

MB01

MB1B - all movements

Reversal of MIGO document

I also cannot deactivate the inspection types. Despite all lots having usage decisions, I receive an error message that says QM cannot be deactivated while there are open inspections.

I'm aware there are many posts about this error message but I was unable to locate one that matched my scenario.

I would like to move the goods from QI to UR.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to activate inspeciton type 0800.

In config verify you have 0800 inspection type assigned at plant level

QCC0>Basic Settings>Maintain Settings at Plant Level> Insp. Lot creation tab--> in the field "InspTypeForInspStock"

Activate the check box "Activate Despite Inspection Stock"

SAP will create stock relevant inspection lot which you can use for stock postings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. I have verified that 0800 was assigned at the plant level and I had followed the instructions. After executing QA08, no inspection lot was created. Is there an additional step needed to create the inspection lot?

Former Member
0 Kudos

in QA08, have you selected option "activate despite insp. stock'?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes definitely. Currently inspection types 0800 and 08 are active. I have also tested this with 01, 08, 0800, and 89 active with the same results. Should I be able to see the inspection lot in QA03 and QA33? Also, what prompts the sytem to generate the inspection lot -- the save from QA08?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In QA33 , do you see any inspection lot?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not see an inspection lot in QA33. I executed the transaction for a date window that includes today and specifically for that material number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me know if you are following these steps.

1. MM02 delete all inspection type.

2. QA08 --> enter material and plant --> go to tab "individual processing -->

select option activate inp. inspection stock

3. Form the material list shown, select the line --> Click on inspection set up

--> Enter inspection type ( say 01) --> click in save

4. Check in QA33, you should see inspection lot with inspection type 0800.

If this is not working --> Check SU53.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I'm following those steps exactly. However, I'm unable to delete all inspection types. I can delete any of them individually but I'm unable to delete them all at the same time. One must remain active. When I try to delete the final inspection type I get a message that the inspection stock must be empty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try QA08 again exactly as I mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally I have gotten it to work. Thank you very much for your help.

To anyone else with the same problem, to deactivate all inspection types I had to play around with the ones that were active. Eventually I got to a point where 01 was active only to which I added 0800 and then deleted both. Then I activated only 0800 and received a message saying the inspection lot was created. FYI...you must define the quantity to post in the usage decision.

Answers (0)