cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where will BWA be in 3-5 years?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will BWA still exist if HANA successfully get into the market? if it will, what will be the different between these two.

currently what i can think of is that BWA maybe less expensive than HANA. so there will be an option for customer to choose.

But I guess SAP will strongly recommend HANA and then BWA will eventually replace BWA.

If HANA will eventually replace BWA, what can we do to migrate our skills from BWA to HANA as a Support Engineer?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Martin, we should avoid mixing BWA and HANA as (1) technical cases, (2) software, (3) appliances.

In (1) HANA 1.0 is comletely independent of BWA; HANA 1.5 can serve the same purpose as BWA (with minimal effort from the customer side) or be superset (with BW DB+BWA migration to HANA).

In (2) IMCE (HANA's engine) in release 1.0 and BWA 7.2 are seprate codelines, but IMCE 1.5 supposes to be a single codeline including BWA.

In (3) customers did some significant investments into BWA appliances, and it might take quite some time before they move to HANA appliance. Changes are not happening overnight in big companies.

In terms of the skillsets, I tried to list those in one of my last blogs: http://bit.ly/htQ5DA

Cheers,

-Vitaliy

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vitaliy, codeline - to me new term, maybe there are others for which is this a new? Can you define it if possible? Thanks