cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use the filter operator in Visual Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

We are trying to do a very simple thing, but we are not able to do this in VC. We have a table that consists of product groups and their sales amount. By using the product group key, I want to filter out four material groups that should be displayed in a graph. The table and the graph works fine, but the filter operator doesnu2019t work like I want it to. I found out that I could filter out product group 22 and 25 by selecting u201Cu201Ctextu201D or u201Ctextu201Du201D and writing 22 or 25. Then I tried to select out 22, 25 and 27. Then I wrote u201C22 or 25 or 27u201D. This did not work. How is it possible to filter out the four product keys 22, 25, 27 and 28. How do I do this using the filter operator? This should be simple, but we are not able to make it worku2026

Kind regards

Erik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Option 1 :

In your table add extra field/flag. As soon as product group are selected by user (using checkbox or some other way) mark flag value (eg., X). Then when this data is being sent to another table/report try to flter the data based on flag. In that case you would not have to hardcode 25 or 27 or.... something like that. Just filtering data using flag should do.

Hope this helps you,

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay Joshi

Thank you for your response. We do not have or need a check box to identify the specific product groups 22, 25, 27 and 28 by the user. We just want to filter them out and send them into a graph. Isnu2019t this very simple functionality possible to hardcode in VC?

Kind regards

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open your model, go to compose, go to Operator's section. Draf "Filter" component to your model. Take output of your table to filter. Right click on filter then go to "Define Operator" . Here you can filter whatever way you want.

In your case Click plus/Add button 4 times. You will get four rows. In the field coloumn enter your table field to be filtered using dropdown. in condition colomn put "is equal to". In the expression hardcode the value.

Then take output from filter. Just drag line and leave it, you will get option of table chart etc etc.

Hope this helps you,

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay Joshi

I am only allowed to at one row (by using Add/Pluss) and choose my field. The second row I add, then I am not allowed to choose the same field again. Thatu2019s why I need to define the filter in only one rowu2026

Kind regards

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take output of your table to filter.

Right click on your filter and go to Define Filter.. Add one row. click on field colomn in first row. you will get dropdown list of all fields. go till end, you will find Define Expression. There write as below

= filter_field==25 or filter_field==26 or filter_field==27 or filter_field==28

Then ignore condition and expression coloumns in your first row. Do not put anything there.

Get output of this filter to your table or chart.

Worked for us to filter out table (one field with multiple values). Hope same will happen for you.

Regards,

Vinay

Answers (0)