cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse Proxy issue for domain name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are in process of implementing reverse proxy to the SAP Portal and web dispatcher.

We given all rewrite rules accordingly, The public IP also resolves the domain name also.

Our domain is etender-aai.aero.

When we given rewrite rule with the public IP reverse proxy is working fine.

But when we given etender-aai.aero in rewrite rule its not working.

Please help me in this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sreekanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We removed Apache from landscape and we using only ISA server. Now everything is working fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have already mainthained the ip and hostname in the etc/hosts file. we have registered the etender-aai.aero with public IP 203.145.121.154 and this Public IP mapped to 172.6.0.12 . We have maintained host file as 203.145.121.154 etender-aai.aero

But still we are getting the same error.

Please suggest us.

Thanks & Regards,

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth

We are also looking for implementing the external facing portal. Can you please let me know what is the steps involved in doing this?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

+S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am speaking about adding entries for the portal server IP/name in the Apache hosts file.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Actually we are taken out web dispatcher from our landscape. We are only using Apache reverse proxy to the Portal.

The SSL should terminate at apache. When we are trying the Portal logon page is coming but when login with user id & pwd its saying that the the connection is not secured and its asking again user and pwd.

Can you please tell me how to terminate SSL at apache.

Thanks,

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want publish our Portal on internet. we have registered the domain name as etender-aai.aero.

We are using Apache --> SAP Web dispatcher --> Portal.

When we are using IP address in rewrite rule in Apache its working fine, when we given etender-aai.aero its not working it says page cannot display.

Thanks,

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You see, when you explain your configuration, it's so much easier to understand your question !

I guess that your Apache Reverse Proxy is in a DMZ and does not have access to the company DNS servers.

The easiest solution is to create entries in the etc/hosts file of the Apache Server.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want help, you'll have to explain clearly what is your configuration and what you want to achieve.

I'm sorry to tell you that I absolutely did not nderstand anything about your problem....

Do you try to publish your SAP Portal externally on the internet ?

Do you use the web dispatcher as a reverse proxy ? or do you add an other reverse proxy (like Apache) in front of the web dispatcher ?

Regards,

Olivier