cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Control program tp edded with error code 0247

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I have co setup TMS in a three system landscape, with the PRD server being the transport domain controller. The three systems are running on the HP -UX OS. The import queue of the PRD server remains empty. All the checks on the TMS configurations shows OK.

When i try to add the transport request from Extras > Other Requets> ADD and enter the transport requet no. I receive this message:

Transport Control program tp edded with error code 0247

Errors: add buffer has problem with data- and/or cofile

Can someone assist? I have got some challenges on linux. Are there steps i need to follow or is there something i need to do?

Cheers,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Double check whether the transport request, you been trying to add, has been released or not?

If the request has been duly released, then few checks i would recommend you to perform :

1> make sure, all the systems in the landscape share the common transport directory at OS level.

2> Check if the transports routes have been set properly and they are consistent in every system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Mostly this issue comes when you have some permission problem.

Please check the permission of your /usr/sap/trans/bin and related directories.

It is ideally sidadm.sapsys. Please give 775 to respective directories.

If your Trans directory is mounted, please check if it is properly mounted or not.

If it is not working, please check the log in TMS alert Viewer (Go to STMS Monitor>TMS Alerts>TMS Alert Viewer)

and paste the detailed log here.

Regards,

Sujit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chibu,

Thanks for your respons. All the systems have their trans directory pointing to /usr/sap/trans. Is this what you mean by "All systems must share a common trans directory at the OS level" ? How do I make the PRD server to point to the trans directory on the QAS server on LINUX platform. On Windows it will be
QAS_Server\sapmnt\trans. I did that on a windows platform on another site and all is working fine till date. I need exact steps on what to do the linux.Thank you.

Edited by: Daniel Edache Ajeh on Mar 8, 2011 8:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Unix and Linux, usually NFS (Network File System) will be used for /usr/sap/trans.

For a start: man nfs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I don't think it is required to have common transport directory...

Just check for the file permissions in /usr/sap/trans/data & cofiles and also the TP_DOMAIN_SID.PFL it should be SIDADM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the systems don't share a common filesystem they have to be transfered manually using the little thunder ICON "Adjust import queue", but the definition should be showing in STMS_IMPORT.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

It is not mandatory to have common trans directory. Your system can have a separate one.

Please check with any Unix or Linux administrator.

Once it is fixed, you can check if the profile files (transport) are in place and with proper owner and

authorization. Also the directories as I earlier said.

I don't think this issue will give you much trouble. Please let us know if you still have some issue.

Regards,

Sujit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just follow what Juan suggested. That might resolve the issue.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to check using following command at OS level and also check datafiles/cofiles are present with appropriate permissions.

tp addtobuffer <request> <sapsid>