cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : Drop-down list not working in dynamic subforms Adobe reader 8.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi geeks,

I got an issue with working in Drop-down list in dynamic subforms which are created at runtime on click event in adobe reader 8.0.I could not see the possible entries in the drop down list. If the same dynamic subform is used in Adobe reader 9.0, i am to view all the possible entries in the drop down list with out any issues. This scenario is purely offine by working in Live cycle designer. Please Advice.

Regards.

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

when you say Dynamic dropdown are you trying to fill the DD with the data already in the form.

with code like addItem(value, key).

there are some issues with javascript functions based on version which i found in my earlier project.

if you can post the script which verifies the list to be added and the process of adding the items would help to check it.

cheers,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAI,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Here is the coding as follows :

var count = MainSubform.PriceSection.instanceManager.count;

MainSubform.ContactDetailsSubform.TextField2.rawValue = count;

MainSubform.ContactDetailsSubform.TextField1.rawValue = "";

//xfa.host.messageBox("Dummy value on Add:"+MainSubform.ContactDetailsSubform.TextField2.rawValue);

//MainSubform.PriceSection.instanceManager.addInstance(true);

MainSubform._PriceSection.addInstance(true);

xfa.form.recalculate(1);

//MainSubform.resolveNode("PriceSection[0]").PricesectionHeader.Pricechk.presence = "invisible";

//MainSubform.resolveNode("PriceSection[0]").PricesectionHeader.Pricesecno.rawValue = 1;

for( i = 1 ; i <= count ; i++ )

{

MainSubform.resolveNode("PriceSection[" + i + "]").Pagewrap.PricesectionHeader.Pricechk.presence = "visible";

//Section no

MainSubform.resolveNode("PriceSection[" + i + "]").Pagewrap.PricesectionHeader.Pricesecno.rawValue = i+1;

Regards,

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I couldn't find the code I am looking for where you add up the items to the dropdown, its source etc.

This is how I do for populating the dropdown dynamically where my requirement was is to add up values from a textfield to a dropdown.

var ddValue =  this.rawValue;
 var ddArray = ddValue.split("\n");
 var ddLen = ddArray.length;
 var listArray = "";

for(var i = 0;i<ddLen;i++){
        sfHeaderConditions.dlExpenseType.addItem(ddLen<i>,ddLen<i>);
 } 

So now it ends up with the question, where are you getting the source and on what condition you want to add it to a dropdown.

Hope you get this.

Cheers,

Sai.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I am facing a problem regarding Dropdown lists in Subform.

I want the top dropdown list values on all bottom left dropdown lists when I press the button.

The bottom left dropdown lists are in the subforms. So When I use java script like this :

data.Daten.Daten.Daten.Data.DropDown.rawValue =  data.Daten.Aktion.DropDown.rawValue;

It does only change first dropdownlist value, not others.

Please provide solution that How can I change all dropdown lists of a Subform dynamically?

Waiting for reply.

Thank you