Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg 03 Inspection with Batch No..

Vasanthakumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

In our Plant we have 03 Inspection lot and batch management, if we are not enetering the Batch No in Production Order, UD cannot be done without batch no.. How to proceed.

Vasant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you let us know, what is you business process?

Why do you want to enter UD before knowing the batch # ?

Based on what you want to achieve, may be we can suggest possible solution. In standard SAP, you cannot UD IL without having the batch #.

Vasanthakumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

We have the Inprocess inspection while running production, qualiy checks inprocess and determine the current running production is ok/hold/reject, so 03 inspection we will enter the inprocess result. We have one external batch no for each Shift (12 hrs). So we want to create a production order for every 12 hrs and to maintain the batch no in it, how to resolve it

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to explore Inspection point functionality.

With this SAP can create one inspection lot and multiple inspection points corresponding to each shift.

You can valuate(OK/not OK) each inspection point separately and one final UD for the inspection lot.

See attached help file

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/b5/c4db38a91b11d1bd610000e829fdb3/content.htm

Let me know if you need help setting the inspection point.

Vasanthakumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

thank you for your information

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Vasanthakumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks sir, But my problem is that we activated 03 - inprocess inspection, so as soon as the production order released and saved the inspection lot will be created, we are not following internal batch using external batch no. so if the external batch no not given in production order, unable to make UD. did you got it sir...

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must have a batch number. Typically we don't make the UD on an 03 lot until the order has been TECO'd. I know some places that don't even worry about doing the UD on 03 lots. (I don't like that personally). I guess my question is how can you make a UD on a lot where the batch hasnt been defined? What is the requirement that this 03 UD has to be done before the batch number is known?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you should make it mandetory in Production order to enter batch number.That's only way instead of controlling at later stage.

Take proactive approach rather than reactive approach.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please maintained OPKP setting as Automatic Batch creation at order Create. Assign it to work-scheduling view in material master. So when you create the production order you will have batch no so after release the order lot will also have batch number.

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check following thread ,,,,,,,,Answer by Shyamal