Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR and service commitment affecting Planned Cost

ashutosh_saraf
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have already done cost planning.I want that cost planning shoud not be affected when i generate Purchase Requisition through Activity.Because if so happens then double cost is incurring as planned in WBS.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding, you are planning some cost manually along with activity planned cost. In this case it double the planned cost at the WBS level.

If you want to make it as original budget, copy it in the original budget and activate the budget availability control by releasing the budget. After, this it checks the budget.

Regards,

Punith.

ashutosh_saraf
Participant
0 Kudos

But my client is not persuaded by this , he want actual vs planned as per original planning

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think You are doing cost element planning through CJR2, but in your system network costing is active.

Please check the settings in OPSV and also in the network profile, these will solve your issue.

ashutosh_saraf
Participant
0 Kudos

I m using CJ40 only, Kindly tell me necessary setting to be done in OPSV

ashutosh_saraf
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot kader, your reply resolved the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean opsu: control key and not opsv, isn't?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How you are doing the cost planning?

Is it network costing..?

ashutosh_saraf
Participant
0 Kudos

We are doing unit costing includng BPO and Cost element planning.What is the affect if i create PR and Raise service orders to the cost planning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There wont be any affect untill you make it as original budget and release it. It will check against the WBS budget only after releasing it.

Please check my above reply.

ashutosh_saraf
Participant
0 Kudos

if i want to compare actual vs planned cost then? as per material and services