cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval of role creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I need to create a WET for role creation, this is simple But I need to incorporate approval of the creation of the new MX_ROLE entry. I can only find documentation/guides on how to implement approval of role and privilege assignment. Does anyone know if it is possible to setup approval on creation on a new entry?

Kind regards,

Heidi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution found I added the NoCache option and now it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried to implement the MX_INACTIVE solution. Now it is not possible to see the role on the "Adminstrate"-tab, and there is an approval task on the "To do"-tab. When I click this task, details on the role are displayed properly, but when I try to process the request by clicking the "Show request"-button (button name translated from Danish, it might be translated differently...) I get an error: "Access denied".

I have set correct approver on the approval task, and I was able to process approval requests, before I set the role to inactive.

On the approval task, I have checked the "Use inactive entries" checkbox.

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

Kind regards,

Heidi Kronvold

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a new WET that creates a new MX_ROLE entry (checked the box "This task cerates a new entry") and then under this ordered task, I have created an approval task. My problem is now, that the role seems to be created even before the approval has been taken care of in the "To do"-tab on the user interface.

Has anyone found a way to deal with this?

I had hoped, that the role would only be created, if the corresponding task was approved. If it was declined, the role would not be created.

Kind regards

Heidi Kronvold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My theoretical thougths:

In the WET you create a PVO. If approved, copy the attribute-values from the PVO to the MX_ROLE, if declined delete the PVO.

I think I read this procedure once here on SDN where the idea was to create an MX_PERSON with approval.

Hope this helps.

BR

Michael

thomas_groth2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

you could also use the attribute MX_INACTIVE. With that you would create a new mx_role too, but it would be hidden in UI until you approve it and you can delete it if it gets declined.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

PVO = ???

Pending value object? I am guessing here

Former Member
0 Kudos

The suggestion with MX_INACTIVE might be usefull - I will try it out.

Thank you so much for helping

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think someone made a blog about this

/people/domink.trui/blog/2010/06/18/custom-approval-objects-with-sap-identity-management

Maybe this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have found the solution