cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making vendor field mandatory in sap dms for transaction CV01n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement in SAP DMS . I am new to this domain so have little idea about it.

I need to make the vendor field mandatory at the time of creating or changing a DMS document, ie when the user tries to create a document for a particular document type , leaving the vendor field as empty , then it should prompt an error that 'The vendor should not be empty' .

Is it possible to achieve this functionality in SAP DMS , if yes then please let me know how to achieve this.

Thanks,

Sumit Verma

Edited by: sumit verma on Mar 7, 2011 12:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jennifer_kramer2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi-

Can you copy the error message code line back to me? The format of our error message lines in that section are as follows:

message e035(XXX) with draw-labor draw-dokar.

where XXXX is the message class name.

I hope it helps...

Thanks!

BR-

-J

jennifer_kramer2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi-

Maybe you could add some code in the BADI - DOCUMENT_OBJ. But if that doesn't work, you definately would be able to add code to the BADI DOCUMENT_MAIN01~BEFORE_SAVE. Check that there is a DRAD record (table that stores DIR object links) of object type LFA1. If the entry exists, allow the save to continue. If the entry doesn't exist, give error message for user to add vendor information.

Hope it helps!

-J

Edited by: Jennifer Kramer on Mar 9, 2011 3:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks , I have done the same thing in the BADI Document_main01 in the before save method .

but when I give an error message of type E , it gives me a runtime error in the SAP DMS gui , can you help on how to give the error message in DMS.

Thanks,

Sumit Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys any update on this.....your help will be highly appreciated...

Thanks,

Sumit Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Could you specify which 'Vendor Field' are you referring to in the above context?

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I have this vendor field in the object links tab, while creating the Document in the DMS...

Thanks,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

In std DMS setup,no such feature exists.You can only control the check of existence of assigned objects(in DC10) to DIRs.

How are you managing the status transistion? Is a workflow also triggered? See if your ABAPer can help introduce an additonal vaildation if an vendor object has been assigned everytime the DIR is moved to status X.

Regards,

PRadeepkumar Haragoldavar