cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM Installation problem with Oracle 11G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm currently installing a CRM 7 IDES solution on Windows 2008(R2)/Oracle.

I'm using the installation DVD's (copied to a local drive) that have been supplied by SAP.

At an early point in the installation process, sapinst pauses to allow the installation of the database.

At this point, I have decided to install Oracle 11G (11.1.0.1) rather than 10.2.0.4 - as this version is soon out of support.

Having successfully installed the Oracle 11G software, I have resumed sapinst, where I have received the following message:

The DB Home folder F:\oracle\CRM\112 has not the correct DB Server version 102. Select a different DB Home folder or install the correct database server software.

I have noticed on the sapinst window, that there is a pull-down field called DB Server Version. In the pull-down is a value of 102, but no other value. I would have expected to see 112 here also, but it is not.

In an attempt to rectify this, I have downloaded the corresponding CRM 7 Master Installation software from SAP (51037622, hoping that it is the latest version) but unfortunately it has not solved the problem.

Has anyone come across this issue before, or knows what the alternative action should be?

Thanks,

Chris W

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

maybe this Installation Master DVD will work for you:

51040127_11 NW 7.01 SR1 Inst.Mst. WIN Server x64 64bit Oracle 10.2/11.2

The name implies that it supports Oracle 11g, but it

is no IDES Installation Master. Maybe you can import

the IDES Export Dump by pretenting you are doing

a system copy and specify the IDES export data

as your export data.

Regards,

Mark

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark and John,

Thanks for the replies.

I didn't alter the register, as Oracle 11G was the only database that has been installed (Oracle 10 was never installed).

I did try the Installation Masted DVD as suggested, which prompted me to install CRM as a non-IDES system (as suggested).

So I've decided to opt for the old-fashioned route - Install CRM 7 IDES with Oracle 10G, patch the database and then upgrade to 11G.

It appears that for all of the SAP Business Suite IDES solutions, it is the case that their current Installation Masters are only developed for 10G. I suspect that when this Oracle version goes out of support, then there will be a new offering.

Regards,

Chris

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Regarding this issue, it seems that some information was not removed by

the Oracle uninstall program. Therefore, I suggest you to uninstall it

again, but before installing it again, please, check if you have double

entries under registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Oracle -> KEY *

regards,