Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in XML HTTP port

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Interfaces Experts,

Need your valuable suggestions on the below SAP to NON -SAP interface-

Interface : SAP to legacy using XI

Requirement, need to collect all the created IDOCs in SAP and send a xml file to XI. I have done with help of XML file but would like to handle this requirement using XML HTTP Port. I have configured the XML HTTP Port as below.

RFC Destination is given

Content Type : Text/XML

HTTP Version: 1.0

SOAP Protocal: Not selected.

IDOC is getting created with status 02 Message is: "Error when sending by HTTP"

Can any one please provide suggestions on how to fix this issue.

Points would be rewarded.

Thanks,

Bond

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In Michal's blog, he described 5 ways for collecting idocs along with its pros and cons. Yours is described in step number 4, maybe you can look at the others

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2009/05/21/xipi-collecting-idocs--possible-ways-with-pros-and-cons--5-ways

If you have really decided on using XML HTTP port, make sure you follow the steps as described in this article

[How Tou2026 Send Multiple IDocs Within One XI Message|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30ea2fdf-f047-2a10-d3a2-955a634bde6b]

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Mark for useful information. It is working pretty fine now.

But with curiocity I am just trying to understand, when im testing the connnection in sm59, it is giving the below respone

Status HTTP Response 204

Status Text Body is empty

Just want to know is the above respone correct? And also when i was saving the RFC destination first time, it was giving the warning message saying. that ? is not allowed in prefix.

Though it is not stopping the working, i want to know is there any specific reason to behave like this.

I will give the points for this.

Thanks,

JItender

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> Just want to know is the above respone correct? And also when i was saving the RFC destination first time, it was giving the warning message saying. that ? is not allowed in prefix.

Check this link for your fix

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is just a warning from the RFC destination that query strings are not allowed. But if your press enter twice, it will allow you to save your destination. Also, the 204 response means that the server does not need to return an entity body. This is okay though.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Mark. It is clear now.

Thanks Bhakar for your inputs also on the warning message.

Regards,

Jitender

Answers (0)