cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve online form with populated fields?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings, SDN members!

I have a WD Java application which embeds an Adobe Interactive Form inside.

There are a couple of fields in this form, which are binded to context, as the PDF form itself (througjh binary pdfSource attribute).

My scenario requires saving the form in KM after user fills out several fields.

I am trying to save the form through an WD action, button to which is placed outside the form itself (regular WD button).

My problem is once I try to save the binary content of the form, it doesn't include the information filled by end users, it only gives me those fields that were populated automatically.

My intuition tells me I should add some script that "updates" the binary content before I save it to KM.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should have first searched the forum.

1)Goto Adobe Lifecycle Designer

2)Make sure that the form's layout type is ZCI Layout

3)Goto Utilities -> Insert WebDynpro Script

4)Goto Library palette -> WebDynpro Native. Drag and Drop Submit button into the form

At runtime when you click this submit button within the form, you will get the values in the form submit event of webdynpro.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanoosh,

I have searched through many threads and couldn't find out any helpful answers.

The application is WD Java, and not ABAP. I think my problem relates to the fact that fields are "running" on the client side instead of being mapped on server, although it's an online form.

Any additional ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doesn't matter whether it is WD ABAP or Java. The basic idea is to accomodate a submitToSAP button within the form layout and push data to SAP. Check out the link below.

[Forms - WD Java|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4fd2d690-0201-0010-de83-b4fa0c93e1a9?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I've followed the tutorial, and added a button inside the Adobe form, instead of using an external one.

I am not sure the configuration of the "Submit" button, is correct. I have 3 options for control type::

1. Regular

2. Execute

3. Submit

Once I choose "Submit" and try submitting the form it is stuck, and I have to restart the browser.

In addition to that, there are settings for "Submit" type:

1. XML Data Package (XDP)

2. PDF

3. XML Data

4. URL Encoded

If I don't provide a setting for submission URL I see a warning during the design time, which might also affect the submission.

Please guide me if you know what are the correct settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The control type should be 'Regular'. Where did you find the 'settings for "Submit" type:'?

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The setting appears during the design time, under the "Object" tab, where all general settings are placed.

There is additional setting that I am not sure about - should the events by "Client Side", "Server Side", or both?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Events should be at client side. Ideally you need not change any settings for this submitToSAP button. If anything has been changed, please delete it and drag n' drop a new button.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanoosh,

In general I get the idea, but the problem is it doesn't work at all.

It gets stuck once executed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I guess your problem now is, on clicking the submit button data is not posting back to the context nodes in webdynpro. Tell me what exactly happens on filling the fields and clicking the submit button at runtime.

Can you share your ECC, NetWeaver Version and SP Level as well?

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once I click the Submit button the event onSubmit that I have in my WD view is not called, instead I receive a message "Submit cancelled", I guess this is because my submission should be to some URL.

We are running version 7.0.19.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Hope you have inserted WebDynpro Script from Utilities.

When you do this step some built in javascript gets inserted into the form which enables the communication between WebDynpro and Form through script file "ContainerFoundation_JS".

Please check the following threads as well

[]

[]

[;

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ivan,

you click submit button then save it to KM or you change data then save it to KM directly? if the you click submit button then save it, the data will be lost, it is an known issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I am trying to achieve here is that once user clicks "Submit" button (either inside the form itself, or outside in the WebDynpro view, it has no difference) - the form is saved to KM folder, including the data that user provided inside the form.

Theoretically this can be achieved by saving the file locally, and then uploading it back, but I want a smoother process.

Any ideas?