cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security and encryption inside Integration Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible to encrypt the entire message process INSIDE PI. I don't mean "Adapter-Inbound" or "Adapter Outbound" communication, but rather "Adapter-to-Integration Server" and "Integration-Server-to-Adapter"?

For example, that the message payload cannot be seen in SXMB_MONI etc.

A potential scenario are HCM payroll data exchange.

Thanks for any idea.

-hs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
For example, that the message payload cannot be seen in SXMB_MONI etc.

1) Do not log the message (check the blog: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/04/30/xipi-personalized-logging-tracing) ....monitoring may not be possible then.

2) restrict the user from viewing the payload....adding new-users to the no-view list to be managed by the Admins

3) Make use of java logic in adapter module to encode the message before passing it to SXMB_MONI.....not all adapters support modules...complexity increases....decoding logic at receiving end required

4) Make use of com.sap.security.api.ssf...disadvantages same as for point 3.

Regards,

Abhishek.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably, this discussion will interest you.

Look this blog also

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/01/02/xi-sxmbmoni--controlling-access-to-message-display

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Edited by: Aashish Sinha on Mar 7, 2011 10:56 AM

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

From what I've seen, it is only possible to encrypt a message once it is in the request message mapping part in the XI pipeline. Before that, the message payload is visible. You can try removing a user from having access to payload viewing though.

Experts, please feel free to correct me.

Hope this helps,

Mark