cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archivelog backup failed with RC = 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

1. Some archive log( Offline redolog) backups failed with Return Code 5 and I am unable to read log file.

2. Some archive log backups failed with RC=3 and the log file details are below:

BR0002I BRARCHIVE 7.00 (42)

BR0006I Start of offline redo log processing: befjpykj.svd 2011-05-07 04.55.01

BR0484I BRARCHIVE log file: /oracle/PRD/saparch/befjpykj.svd

BR0020E BRARCHIVE currently running or was killed

BR0021I Please delete file /oracle/PRD/saparch/.lock.bra if BRARCHIVE was killed

BR0022E Setting of BRARCHIVE lock failed

BR0007I End of offline redo log processing: befjpykj.svd 2011-05-07 04.55.01

BR0280I BRARCHIVE time stamp: 2011-05-07 04.55.01

BR0005I BRARCHIVE terminated with errors

Please give your valuable suggestions on this Issue.( SAP version=ECC 6.0 , Oracle=10.2.0.2, OS = AIX )

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards

Veera

Edited by: Veerab on Mar 7, 2011 10:24 AM

Edited by: Veerab on Mar 7, 2011 10:25 AM

Edited by: Veerab on Mar 7, 2011 10:25 AM

Edited by: Veerab on Mar 7, 2011 10:28 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please rename file .lock.bra in location /oracle/PRD/saparch/ then try again.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Archive backups are running fine now but they are failing Only 2 or 3 times per day. I am not able to find why these backups are failng.( For ex: If archivelog backups runs 100 times 98 times It run successful and only 2 or 3 times it end with RC=3 or Rc=5)

Regards

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As the process seems forcably killed hence the .lock.bra file left over. Is there any other people accessing your system that could kill it if it is taking up a lot of resources..??

Mark

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The error:

BR021I Please delete file /oracle/<SID>/saparch/.lock.bra if BRARCHIVE was killed

The .lock.bra file is a locking mechanism which is created every time BRARCHIVE starts to make sure only one session of BRARCHIVE is running at a time. When BRARCHIVE is ending successfully, it deletes this lock file, but when BRARCHIVE are killed or stops abnormally for some reason, it often fails to delete the lock file. So, in order to overcome this issue, we need to remove the lock.bra file in the operating system level.

1. Login to the affected operating system. Go to /oracle/<SID>/saparch/ directory and find the .lock.bra file. Remove it now!

1. cd /oracle/<SID>/saparch/

2. ls

3. rm -rf .lock.bra

Regards

Siva.

Answers (0)