cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting product category

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm in a SRM 4.0 project, and having some strange behaviors with product categories.

When in the extended attributes of the user we maintain a specific product category, when creating a shopping cart or purchase order, and searching for product category, only those are shown.

However, in the bid invitation or auction, all the product categories are shown.

Does anyone know how can we have the same behavior, this means only the product categories from extended attributes are shown in all the transactions.

Thanks,

Regards,

Ana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

SC are created by the Employees and Bid inviatation is to vendors which are external partners .

What ever PC you mentioned in the Org Plan Only those will be visisble for that Internal employee.

For vendor you need to maintain a separate root and maintain the PC there again here you mention all PC

So while creation of BID invataion for vendors all PC are available,

regards,

Nimish sheth

pls reward points for useful answers .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What i would like to have, is that purchasers (internal partners) when creating bid invitation, can only see the PC maintained in the org. structure.

Thanks,

Regards,

Ana

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI you will have to find some BADI FOr Bid Invitation and write a code in the BADI.

THis will be a development.

Currently I am not having the system with me .

regards

Nimish sheth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AA,

I had the same question and directly discussed it with SAP Development.

The attributes in the OrgModell are only valid for Shopping Cart related transactions. Within Bid Invitation the settings for Categories are not taken under consideration.

Current status for standard SRM 4.0: not available; maybe later ...

We did not opt for a custom development, as this means quite some changes for a "nice to have" feature.

Kind regards,

Claudia

pls reward points for useful answers