cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication channel - Variable Substitution error,.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having the following mesage type used in messag emapping as a target structure

mt_data

-> Variable1

I am having a validation on mt_data node in message mapping for generating it, if condition is satisfied mt_data will be generetaed. Under mt_data i am having a variable. This variable is getting populated with some data using normal source to target mapping.

I am using this variable in my communication channel as a variable substitution, and is used to replace file name.

The issue I am facing is, when the mt_data fails to get generated (valid reason, since validation to generate it failed), communciation channel in RWB fails saying variable for substitution not found.

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Mudita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muditabhave,

Ref: /people/madanmohan.agrawal/blog/2009/05/20/combining-three-different-aspects-of-pi-asma-af-module-and-variable-substitution-in-one-shot

Thanks,

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

alternatively, why not use dynamic configuration?

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/03/26/dynamic-configuration-vs-variable-substitution--the-ultimate-battle-for-the-file-name

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
The issue I am facing is, when the mt_data fails to get generated (valid reason, since validation to generate it failed), communciation channel in RWB fails saying variable for substitution not found.

1) make a check on the variable in receiver determination itself...so that if fails then the message stops in Receiver determination itself....why to take it forward till channel and then fail.

2) Make use of some constant term to fill the variable in the mapping if the validation fails.....this will help to put value in the variable even when the validation fails and the message does not fail in channel...filename created.

You need to check with the functional people on how they want the message prcessing to occur when the variable cannot be created by the mapping logic.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

make the mapping fail when you can't fill in the name or put in a default value