cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Sendtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wonder if there is a function to set in the mapping in order for the receiving system to get the time that the message leaves PI.

Best regards

Iman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can access that information from RWB and SXMB_MONI.

But I doubt you can get that info until the message leaves PI .

Logically also, how can a message determine how long it will take to go out of PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't want to determine how long it takes to process the message in PI.

I want to know the timestamp when the message leaves PI.

for example. message arrives 11:00 but leaves PI 11:05. I want to put 11:05 in the message, not 11:00.

is it possible?

Best regards

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by "message leaves PI"?

How would you describe this technically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By leaving PI I mean when it successfully leaves sxmb_moni.

Sometimes when messages arrive in sxmb_moni it could stay there sometime because of queue issues or something else.

It is relevant for the receiving system to know when the message leaves its last "station" which is PI and not the sending system.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Sometimes when messages arrive in sxmb_moni it could stay there sometime because of queue issues or something else.

sxmb_moni is a transaction code. The message can not "leave" sxmb_moni.

Isn't leaving PI the same time as the receiving system gets it? So the receiving system just needs to monitor when the message has arrived.

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonny,

As explained by others it seems to difficult to get the timing when PI left the message.

If you use timing from Message mapping then also it might not show exact time as message can also get delayed in the step of calling adapter or any step after message mapping. In this case you will not get exact time.

As mentioned by Stefan receiver system will receive message when it is passed through PI :).

Edited by: Rajhans Abhay on Mar 7, 2011 4:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can either use an adapter module that does that.

or, if it suits you, you can use the current time in the mapping but that will give you the time when the function is called and it might be that the messages leaves pi later (for example due to a queue that is blocked)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The adapter module solution that you mention, does it show the time when it leaves PI or is it the same as current time?

If it shows the time when the message leaves PI then could you please tell me how to set it up?

Because like you said, it is risk that the messages are sent later due to queues or other issues so it would be good to set the time when it leaves PI instead.

Best regards