cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing same timestamp string across different Graphical mappings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement wherein i need to use the same timestamp (yyyyMMddHHmmssS) string to create target filenames with the same value. The target payload structure for both the target files are different and hence i have used two different message mappings. Now, for both the target files, i am setting the target filenames through Dynamic Configuration using an UDF.

My requirement is to use the same value of timestamp across both the mappings. Please let me know how can i access the same value across two different message mappings in SAP PI 7.11.

Regards,

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

A couple of quick questions:

1. What is the source of your message...is it ECC ?

2. As per your description the source structure is common for both the targets ...correct ?

If both my assumpltions are correct, then why dont you add timestamp field in the source and access the same form both the mappings.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Kumar,

This time stamp value come from Source systtem or System date from PI System,i believe that you rae taking Sys date when evenr message enter in to PI.

first take Sys date value(as per your format) store it in Some table(ABAP/JDBC) then use the same , but this is bit epensive process.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I do not want to end up making an RFC lookup /JDBC lookup call just to fulfill this small requirement. Is there any other efficient way of handling this ?

Regards,

Gaurav.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maybe you can use the TIME_SENT mapping runtime constant.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/b3/9a2aeb24dc4ab6b1855c99157529e4/content.htm

Hope this helps,

Mark