cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Is it possible to implement QM module for a company having all other modules implemented and working.. To my knowledge for implementing QM there should not be any material stock....Then how will we implement QM..???

Regards,

Joseph.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

QM module consists of two main processes 1. Inspection lot (IL)and 2. Quality notifications(QN).

It is very easy to implement QN process in the existing system. No issues at all.

Implementing IL, is little more involved.

Technically you can activate IL process in existing system without any significant effort.

By practically, many of the current logistic processes will significantly change.

You can mitigate impact on the current processes by

1. As suggested in earlier post, activate IL only for selected processes like, for example, incoming ROH only.

2. As IL activation is at material level, You can have IL active only for select few materials, thereby reducing the foot print.

Try it out only for one material is development system and see for yourself its impact.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Vasanthakumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, you can implement the QM module, there is no problem if stock is there or not, for best u can implement step by step implementation, for eg., first for input material, then inprocess...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to implement QM module for a company having all other modules implemented and working.. To my knowledge for implementing QM there should not be any material stock....Then how will we implement QM..???

To best of my knowledge I can say you can not have QM without other major modules in Place as QM has Handshake with other modules.Implementing standalone QM system is difficult.

Now QM can be implemented when there is stock in Quality Inspection or Unrestricted, It is Irrelevant to where stock is there !!

I hope this is what you are looking for !!