cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Category TestAlert1 Does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have BPM scenario where I am trying to send an Alert as email . But I am not able to receive that alert in my mail box .

I created a Custom alery Category . For testing I tried to send it through tranction SE38 , run "RSALERTTEST" and gave alery category and the alert got successfully triggered and i got email in my mail box .

But when I try to send the same Alert through BPM i am not able to receive any mail .

Then I check my alert in transaction "SLG1" where it shows me a error as Alert Category TestAlert1 Does not exist .

I am not able to understand exactly what is missing .

Thanks ,

Suvarna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suvarna,

Just for additional info i am providing you the step by step procedure for alert configuration please go through it compare it what you have done and see if the problem still persist.

From SP 14 on PMI-free alerting was introduced. That means before SP 14 one has to configure and activate the End-to-End Monitoring, and to schedule the report SXMSALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET in order to extract the alerts from the PMI data. For SP 14 and higher, that's not longer necessary.

If no alerts are being delivered, please check if "Suppress multiple alerts of this rule" is checked for your rule.

For SP 14 and higher you could also have a look at the report sxmsalert_logreader. This report shows some information about alerts being created or not.

You'll find more information about trouble shooting the alerting in SAP Note 913858.

Also just check if this batch program (RSALERTPROC) is running or not.

The links below on Alert Management (ALM) will be of good help to you:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3f/567ddea69d3d4c93a6aedabd08899e/frameset.htm">Forwarding Alerts to Alert Management</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3f/81023cfa699508e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm">Alert Management</a>

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide - Troubleshooting</a>

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step - Step by step</a>

Meanwhile look at these forum threads also:

Also, In ALRTCATDEF, go to SETTINGS--> CONFIGURATION. By default, the option selected is INTERNAL PROCESSING. Select the option SMTP FORWARDING AS XML and give the email id. This will enable you to send an email alert whenever an error occurs in XI.

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suvarna,

To send an EMAIL, assign an EMAIL ID to the corresponding user in the transaction SU01 and then set up SCOT and you can send emails when the ALERT is triggered.

Once you have configure Alerts, you will get the Alerts into ALERT INBOX in RWB of the user. To also get the email, the following needs to be done,

1. In SU01 -- Assign the Email ID for the Recipient of the ALERT.

2. In , RWB>ALERT INBOX> PERSONALIZATION--> Time Independent Delivery and Email are selected.

3. Finally, SCOT needs to be set up to send Emails. Check this for the same. You can ask your BASIS team to do this step.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/23/1edf098ea211d2b47300609419ed29/frameset.htm

Also, In ALRTCATDEF, go to SETTINGS--> CONFIGURATION. By default, the option selected is INTERNAL PROCESSING. Select the option SMTP FORWARDING AS XML and give the email id. This will enable you to send an email alert whenever an error occurs in XI.

Also, to test your Alerts, execute the report RSALERTTEST in SE38.

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhy,

1. In SU01 -- I have assigned the Email ID for the Recipient of the ALERT.

2. In , RWB>ALERT INBOX> PERSONALIZATION--> Time Independent Delivery and Email are selected.

3. SCOT is aslo set up . Because when we test it using RSALERTTEST we get alert in our inbox .

Thanks ,

Suvarna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A few check points,

1. In your ALRTCATDEF , while defining the Alert, did you select the option DYNAMIC text? Alerts from BPM need to have DYNAMIC TEXT selected.

2. Are you receiving the Alerts in Alert Inbox?

3. CHheck the status of your mail in T code SCOT.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh ,

I selected the option as DYNAMIC TEXT bust still getting the same error .

Can ypu tell me how to check the status of your mail in T code SCOT.

Thanks ,

Suvarna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SCOT, you will find info like COMPLETED , ERROR , INTRANSIT , WAITING.

Am not sure which option is for what , but for us, when the email has been sucessfuly sent , we get an entry against COMPLETED for the mail.

For further info, check this with the BASIS team.

Also, are the Alerts reaching ALERT INBOX?

Regards,

bhavesh

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suvarna,

Define the alert using tcode ALRTCATDEF if it does not exist in it and try again....

Regards,

Sridhar