cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Routes Single Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD Experts,

Leveraging on the org element "Transportation Planning Point" I see a need for multiple routes in the sales order depending on the shipping points from where product is loaded and send to the TPP finally for consolidation (e.g. goods are loaded from more than one plant-warehouses and then sent to a single place for further exports as in common in export scenarios. A delivery and invoice is then created for the whole order

Can someone explain how do I ensure delivery group correlation in in such a case

Regards,

Loknath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally in your case - the place from where exports happen (the 'single place' as mentioned) is defined as a logical plant (SAP plant which does not physically exist as the company's plant, e.g. Port).

STOs are created from different plants and goods are sent to that logical plant. In these STO deliveries you have different Shipping points and routes.

And then export order is raised from that Logical plant, Delivery, shipping doc., invoice created.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you Chak,

That was indeed reassuring because thats the current state but that complicates the sales order process with having to manage a plant other than delivery plant which is not the port.

Is there any other simpler possibility e.g. of calling it something else other than TPP or logical plant (e.g. Transportation Connection Point) so that it lends itself to both objectives of a more robust route determination while capturing the fact that TCP is a port or a rail siding or a customs border where I can maintain times and calendars for scheduling the loading dates at shipping points (of delivery plant)

I would appreciate SD consultants view on this. I am not from SD scheme of things but am really interested in a route determination logic that I can use for conditional scheduling in APO

Regards,

Loknath

Former Member
0 Kudos

****that I can use for conditional scheduling in APO for ATP check in APO..

Former Member
0 Kudos

****that I can use the route information for conditional scheduling (of Materail Availablity Date) in APO during ATP check in APO..