Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue on copying standard role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

We're implementing E-rec system and we have two users name as user1 & user2, standard role was assigned to both the users

User1 - SAP_RCF_EXTERNAL_CANDIDATE

User2 - SAP_RCT_UNREGISTERED_CANDIDATE

webdynpro application was working fine with the above roles.

Once we made a copy of the standard role z-role, we assigned the z-role to those users and removed the standard role. After assigning the z-roles for the above user, the webdynpro application was not funtioning properly. Only I can see the initial screen, the next screen is not responding.

Could anyone suggestion me on this.

regards,

Guna

11 REPLIES 11

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After copying the role were the profile values correctly maintained and profile correctly genareated?

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

We maintained the profile and generated properly, we don't find any issue on generating.

thanks & regards,

Guna

0 Kudos

Ok, By reverting to standard roles again does the webdynpro work again?

0 Kudos

Yes, Its working by reverting the standard role.

regards,

Guna

0 Kudos

Assign the z roles to users, Go to both the roles and in User Tab click on User Comparison.

Alternatively, you can do user comparison using transaction PFUD.

0 Kudos

Hi,

And what are you receiving after doing authority-check trace (ST01) or running SU53 after web dynpro run?

Best regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guna,

Most probably the issue is with profile generation only. Please check in PFCG whether this role has a profile assgined or not. Check this profile as well whether its activated or not.

Alternatively you can check the roles assigned in SU01 and can generate profile there.

Please post the resulting error if you are getting any.

thnks

0 Kudos

Hi,

After running webdynpro application, just run SU53 and check may be any authorization object may required. If possible post the excat error what you are getting.

Regards,

Sampath.

Surendra
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

May be try SUPC and generate those Z roles once again... check if this helps

Regards,

Surendra

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the most common reason for this error is a missing change in the customer version of role SAP_RCF_UNREGISTERED_CANDIDATE. The sap standard role contains the name of role SAP_RCF_EXTERNAL_CANDIDATE in the authorization object S_USER_AGR field ACT_GROUP. People often forget to change this to the name of the client role.

In spite of the e-rec mechanism that the service user assigns the authorization to the external candidates user by assigning a reference user, it still needs the authorization to assign the roles and profiles the reference user has as if it would assign the them directly. If you do not put the name of the customer copy of role SAP_RCF_EXTERNAL_CANDIDATE into your copy of SAP_RCF_UNREGISTERED_CANDIDATE the user creation can't be done properly and the appiication runs into an error when it tries to switch the session to the user.

Kind Regards

Roman

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm also having the same issue on some XI roles (ABAP end). The role contains only S_RFC authorization object . Someone in this forum suggested me to use the user group concepts.But that does not work well.

Please let us know if you have any clue.

Below is my post :

Thanks,

Sujit