cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock reservation against Sales order and deivery against reserved stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

e We are trying to provide a solution for thscenario where user wants to reserve stock immediatey after SO creation...and deliver same reserved stock.

i am recommanding Reservation where reservation will be created with 231 immediately after SO creation but the rea problem is that how to create SO delivery against that reservation/Reserved stock so that document flow remains intact for the SO.

Thank you very much in advance,

Regards,

Dharmesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created a Z item category copying from TAN and put Special Stock "E" in Item Category configuration.

After the configuration we created a Sales order and then done MB1B with movement type 412 E.

After Mb1b stock gets hard tagged and in stock overview you can see the same as against sales order. When done Delivery and PGI the stock got reduced from the sales order stock and not from unrestricted use.

If you do not do MB1b then system will allow to pick the quantity and create delivery but when do you do PGI system will Issue error "Sales order stock XXXX XXXX does not exist"

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all,

I have already tried with 231 and 412-E ...it does reserve stock against sales order but while creating sales order delivery stock gets issues from unrestricted stock rather than reserved stock.

how to link reserved stock with sales order delivery so as follow on documents gets generated properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I had the same question and search landed to this thread but I ask again with the different perspective

The reservation concept is really an MM functionality but you really dont reserve stock against any order or delivery (other than using special stock movement types like 412E) but unless you create a delivery immediately (and include deliveries as requirements in case of ATP check) you have no real way of establishing the hard reservation. If you do a non-order reservation i.e. you reserve something in anticipation then reservation needs to be used as a receipt in ATP check for both sales order and delivery.

Alternatively what you can do at most is to conserve the pegging relationship (fixed pegging) that has been established once the order is confirmed (with or without ATP check) but this can get really tricky when you have batch determination to be done is delivery in which case you find that there aren't enough batch stocks conforming to customer specifc SLED to pick. So both ATP check and pegging looses its purpose of hard reservation. So that leaves us with having to determine batches too at sales order creation and let pegging not change.

Is this is a good idea in general.. 1) in Make to stock segment, 2) In make to order segment..

Does the concept of resevation stocks at sales order creation does more harm than good ? in general.. Implication in planning. inventory build up .MRP. Another issue is how long should you reserve stocks against order or against specific customer or country and such.

Regards

Loknath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Item Category you have the Special stock at business Data level ie tcode VOV7.Put E over there for that item category.So that if any one trys to deliver that material will not happen.

After creating the Sales Order ,Now got to Mb1b input movement type 412 E and enter the sales order and item no: it will hard tag the stock against the sales order.If you want it automatically.Then with the help of Abaper write a BDC and call it during the Sales order Save Exit so that whenever u save the material it will automatically do the material document and if needed u can populate the material document in Additional tab.So that in future you can manually reverse and release the stock for some other sales order.

regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search the forum where many times this has been discussed. Go to OVZ9, select the required Availability Check and Checking Rule and execute. There tick the box "Include Sales reqmts". This will block the stock as and when you create sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 231 movement i sonly used when you haven't implemented SD.

If you wish to immediately hard reserve stock based on the sales order and deliver same stock, simply use a sales order configured to create a delivery immediately - e.g. rush order.