cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent ATP confirmation if license check fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using SAP foreign trade ( legal control ) for controlling licensing requirements in sales orders. However, if a line item is on a hold due to failure license check, the schedule line is still confirmed thus blocking stocks against the line item.

We would like to hold the confirmation on the line item if it has failed license check.

Has anyone been able to achieve this ?

Appreciate your help

Regards

Rohit Zalani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar requirement and I have proposed a solution which was accepted by my client since they have barely 2 or 3 line intems in a particular sales order. I do not know if this will really be helpful for you but you may give it a try.

The solution would be to place a reason of rejection (with description as approval block) at the item level. When a reason for rejection is placed on a particular item, it will not transfer the requirements to MD04. Once the approval is received you can remove the reason for rejection. This will again populate your requirements in MD04. I have tested and given it to my client and they are using it perfectly fine.

You can also include this reason for rejection in Incompletion log so that the user dosent forget to assign the reason fofr rejectio before saving the order. You can also get a report of rejected orders in VA05.

The downside of this is that if there are 100-200 or more line items in a particular order, then manually assigning a reason for rejection and releasing it would be difficult. You might have to think of some logic to be built to automate this.

Please let me know if this helps and if you find any alternate solution please update it in this thread.

Regards,

Rohan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We were able to achieve this by putting a schedule line block on the line item when the license check fails and then using an enhancement, we were able to de-confirm stocks for the line item if there was a delivery block on the schedule line level.

Thank you all for your valuable inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit,

How will the sytem identifies when there is a export hold?

Is there any batch job that runs and place the export/licence hold on the sales order line items?

Ideally is the hold done manually or automatically?

Best Reg,

Ram