cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Management in two parallel projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SOLMAN experts!

My client has 2 BPH projects running in parallel: Project 1 & Project 2.

Project 2 is a copy of Project 1. Both have project documentation assigned to Business Process Steps.

For Project 1, due to the fact that it is running in parallel to the Project 2, my client needs to have a document management mechanism in place on how to deal with the two deployments in parallel.

Can SOLMAN manage the following: if my client changes a document in Project 1, - the same document will be updated or changed accordingly in Project 2?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

can done like by this also [|]

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi,

Thanks a lot for advice!

Unfortunately my client is quite keen to keep parallel documentation for both projects and do not want to use links, is there other way to update documents in 2 parallel projects?

If my client change a document in Project 1, can the same document be updated or changed accordingly in Project 2?

Kindly please advice,

Thank you & best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to maintain the same document in parallel, you can use the link of the documents.

After you created or uploaded a document in Project 1, you can add a link to that document in Project 2. In tx:RAMMAIN or SOLAR01/02, choose Link to a Solution Manager Document option and specify the document you have created or uploaded to your Solution Manager. You can manage the document in Project 2 as if it is the same document in Project 1, actually it's just a shortcut to the original document in Project 1.

Regards,

Kazuhisa Kobayashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kazuhisa,

Thanks a lot for advice!

Unfortunately my client is quite keen to have a parallel documentation for both projects and do not want to use links, is there other way to update documents in 2 parallel projects?

If I change a document in Project 1, can the same document be updated or changed accordingly in Project 2?

Kindly please advice,

Thank you & best regards,