cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Synchrronous : getting Blank data from Response .??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have a RFC with ( IMPORT , TABLE Type ) Parameter.

Table has two Structure for Both IN and OUT.

Now on importing RFC structure on SAP XI - On Request Message I can See , ALL Fields ( IMPORT/ TABLE-IN / TALE-OUT)

Similarly on Response Message I can see all Table Fields ( IN/ OUT) both.

So My Quesrtions are :

1. Why on this RFC - Request DataType ( EXPORT Type Table are coming ?????

2. Now This in RFC -Request DataType ( EXPORT Type Table ) is actually with 1..1 occurence . How Should I handle this , as actually this table is for Getting Data from RFC as response but in PI it can be seen in Request mesage also ????

3. AnyHow I mapped this Structure with Constants . but On response I am getting Blank data . Why ?? while on testing RFC on se37 i am getting data record in response ?

Regards

PS.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question is not very clear. Still i will take a chance with what i understand.

You are making a Synchronous scenario. Lets say you are sending some XYZ xml file as source and you have created one DT, MT, SI for this source structure. Now you imported one RFC ,Which is supposed to return values depending upon the incoming source values.

Now. Once you import RFC, you can see z_abc.Request and Z_abc.Response.

you made mapping like this

Source to RFC Request & RFC Response to Target. But no response is coming due to some reason.

Now tell me -

1. Did your RFC have importing and exporting parameters as Internal tables? and did you made it as 0-unbounded?

2. Once you import it in PI, what is the cardinality of Request and response message? if it is 1:1 then change RFC and re-import.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ashish .

Cannot change RFC structure . . . . cz it is used by many application and Code.

But I solved it . By using Proxy instead of RFC

Inside Proxy . I have Called The required RFC and pass record to response (OUTPUT) Structure .

Regards

PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ashish ,

Correct ..

I have Import and Export type stucture as TABLE in RFC.

Now My Question is ,

On Importing RFC in XI ( RFC Request and RFC Response ) message both has these IMPORT and EXPORT Table .

I mean , Doesn't It Should be like this ( RFC Request has only IMPORT table ) and ( RFC Request has only EXPORT) ???

But actually it is ON RFC REQUEST coming with IMPORT TABLE and EXPORT table and similarly RFC RESPONSE coming with both IMPORT TABLE and EXPORT table as well.

Yes . It is 0..Unbounded

Now How do I map Such Structure ??

Sender - RFC Request (ONLY IMPORT TABLE ) but Problem is here other Table EXPORT in same RFC Request is 1..Unbounded but on sender I dont have any mapping for this. ????

RFC Response (ONLY EXPORT TABLE FROM BOTH IMPORT AND EXPORT ) - Receiver

REGARDS

PS

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One simple solution is to ask your ABAPer who created the RFC, to remove the elements that you don't want and use BAPI Return instead.

Secondly, which ever element is mandatory, you have map it with some values. Now lets say you don't want export elements, try dropping the element only from first mapping by right click on it.

Lets see, if you able to do so.

Regards

Aashish Sinha