cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress indicator icon does not appear in Sap Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

Currently, i Have developed a WD ABAP which contains a progress indicator icon. When I execute this WD from backend (R/3 via SE80) the Icon progress appears while the WD is recovering data, building structure, etc...

The problem appears when I access to the scenary from SAP Portal, because from SAP Portal does not appear the Progress Icon. Someone can tell me why the icon is not appearing, and how Can i solve it???

Thank in advance.

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

In general if when you run in the portal you are missing UI elements, this can mean that your portal is at an older release/enhancement/support package level than your ABAP backend. This can cause a MIME/Theme mismatch. When running in the portal WDA applications will attempt to use the theme from the portal. If it is older, it won't match up to what the ABAP stack expects. You either have to upgrade your portal or force the iview in the portal to use the backend ABAP theme instead of the Portal theme.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas.

First of all, thanks for your answer.

My problem is that I can obtain a progress indicator icon (a circle moving) when I am inside of my Ivew, but I need to show this icon also in the first step, during the initialization. The initialization of my scenary is a hard process which spent a lot of time, and I wonder if is possible show a Process indicator Icon while all data are being recovery. This icon is showed when I run my webdynpro in the Backend, but this icon does not appears qhen the new Internet Explorer Windows is opened.

Do you know how to show it???

Thanks again.